P90X3 calories burned

Options
I noticed that the P 90 X3 workouts are not available as fitness activities in my fitness pal... Does anyone know how to calculate the number of calories burned with each of the workouts? I am a 45-year-old female, my resting heart rate is 75… And I am very overweight. I would love to know if there is a calculator or formula avaialable - thanks in advance

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I believe all of the P90X fitness series recommend wearing a Heart Rate Monitor for this and a couple of other reasons. Calories burned calculations/formulas are really, really rough guess-timates.

I believe with all of the programs there is a calorie calculator they use to estimate your calorie intake with the exercise routine.
  • sandypaterson11
    sandypaterson11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Log it under circuit training or aerobics.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also use a heart rate monitor to get calorie burn estimates, although honestly I don't do much with the estimate. The one I use automatically logs the exercise in my diary. It's important to me that my log shows that the exercise happened. I don't eat back the calories. I do however love all the data my monitor provides, and if that kind of data motivates you then that may be another reason to consider one.

I'm curious why you're interested in the calorie burn itself.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training when I was doing P90X3
  • jessicadiric
    jessicadiric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is for T25, but I'm sure there might be something similar.... http://www.t25calories.com
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Whe
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    When I do insanity I log it as circuit training.

• YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics
  • Zan67
    Zan67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know how accurate this is, but at http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=763 you can get a guestimate, which seems about average from what I've read other people with HRM have logged. All you need to do is enter your weight and the length of the workout (30 mins).