Vitamin and supplement question

Options
Trying to get back in the swing of things weight loss wise after a "bit"of holiday splurge (meaning not longing properly for about a month oops

Replies

• RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Idk why the rest didn't post but anyway I added calcium and fiber supplements to aid in some problems I've been having as my doctor recommended but should I add the calories from them to my daily count?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't add calories from my meds or vitamins, but I do add my Omega 3-6-9 capsules to help with tracking my fats.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    All calorie intake should be considered in your daily count, but Calcium and fiber supplements typically have zero or negligible calories.
  • RachaelWinston
    Options
    Gotcha thanks for the input y'all!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I do not track vitamins since they have no calories. Fiber powders I would track (calories). Have you ever tried FlaxMeal? It's delicious and it goes well in oatmeal or cereal. About 4 grams of fiber/serving (same as some of those supplements). Plus, it has omega3's. A women's daily vitamin has 50% of your daily calcium. Skim milk has about 25%.
    * Walmart sells it in the baking section over flour, top shelf, probably in a little corner.
    * Try to take fiber and calcium separately if you can.
  • RachaelWinston
    Options
    Haven't tried that yet where do you find it?