Jen Ferruggia v Kayla Itsnes (fit girls guide). Anyone even heard of Jen F?

Options
Hi guys,

I was looking for a good female gym workout program and came across these two.
Kayla Itsens (fit girls guide) is pretty well known on the net and there are lot of reviews and sample workouts. The sample workouts seem like the type of gym routine I've been looking for.

Just as I was about to purchase it, I ran into a review of Jen Ferruggia's program and now I cant decide.
Her programs are 1/3 of the price of Kayla guides and comes with an app with video demonstrations which is great for newbies like me. I really like the app/video part but I CANNOT find any sample programs to see what it consists of. There also arent many genuine reviews as most of the reviews seem like sponsored ones. Jen seems like she has a good reputation among the fitness trainer world and is an excellent trainer so Im sure her program works but it would be nice to review a sample daily workout to see if its the type of program I am looking for or I can actually do.

Has anyone tried both? or Jens program?

Replies

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of Jen's program. But, for what its worth, Kayla's program is called Bikini Body Guide.
    The Fit Girls Guide is a totally different program (by different people)

I have Kayla's program and, as much as I wanted to love it, I am sad to say it wasn't for me.
    It is a great program and people have (real), tremendous results with it.

I found it really, really, really hard and frankly, really, really, really boring.

I though it was repetitive and brutal. (just reading the next set of endless reps from a piece of paper made it impossible for me to stick with it.)

My deal is this: I will do either a fun exercise that is brutally hard (Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) or boring/repetitive exercise that is easy & lighthearted (hula hoop, trampoline)
    BUT I can not, for the life of me, do boring AND hard.

I love Kayla's IG feed and her follower's motivation and loyalty, but it just wasn't for me.

hth
  • oowenna
    oowenna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh thats right. I was looking at FGG reviews too and got it mixed up with BBG.
    Anyway thanks for your review. It's really helpful to see a non sponsored review :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I believe Jen is Jay Ferrugia's wife, and being the case I would hands down without question, pick her program as Jay is in my opinion one of the best no BS trainers out there.
  • oowenna
    oowenna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting Jen's guide. Haven't started the program yet but just to clarify, it was not an app but 4 e-books (gym workout, home workout, nutrition guide and butt exercise), and the videos can be streamed through her web page -members section on your laptop, phone or tablet. I also found out that she has a private FB group for members where she personally answers all your questions!!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    oowenna wrote: »
    I ended up getting Jen's guide. Haven't started the program yet but just to clarify, it was not an app but 4 e-books (gym workout, home workout, nutrition guide and butt exercise), and the videos can be streamed through her web page -members section on your laptop, phone or tablet. I also found out that she has a private FB group for members where she personally answers all your questions!!

Awesome.
    I think it's great that she has videos, I find it waaaay easier to stick to a routine own my own if I can be visually reassured that I am performing the moves properly. (and extra points for those instructors that actually sweat and get winded while doing their own videos, lol - Like Zuzka Light, which I ♥)

Keep us posted!
  • Hilarie714
    Hilarie714 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to read your review as I have run into the same problem -- the reviews of Jen Ferruggia all seem to be sponsored and the site doesn't describe the plan really at all. Now that you've tried the program, what do you think? Are the guides easy to use in the gym? What types of exercises and nutrition does it suggest? Thanks!
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hilarie714 wrote: »
    I'm happy to read your review as I have run into the same problem -- the reviews of Jen Ferruggia all seem to be sponsored and the site doesn't describe the plan really at all. Now that you've tried the program, what do you think? Are the guides easy to use in the gym? What types of exercises and nutrition does it suggest? Thanks!
    I just bought Jen's program and I was a little underwhelmed with the daily programs. Each day has 4 different exercises with 3-4 sets of varying reps. The set up was a little confusing for me at first, every lower body exercise is a superset with an upper body exercise so the days look like this

Day 1
    1a) Lower
    1b) Upper
    2a) Lower
    2b) Upper

All of the exercises for day 1-3 are pretty traditional and fairly easy to use in the gym or at home things like squats, rows, pulldowns, etc. Day 4 is a little more complex, it has more exercises and requires more equipment like boxes, ropes and sleds.

The nutrition isn't strict, its filled with stuff that everyone knows about losing weight and the daily plan includes meals like "a palm of protein and veggies".
  • ejm2626
    ejm2626 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm really interested in purchasing Jens bikini body program but I'm having the same issues as others..the reviews seemed sponsored and I can't find a sample workout anywhere. Is anyone still using the program and has it worked well for you?
    Thanks!!