I just want to be able to love myself again!

Options
Hi, I'm a 23 yr old female, 5'4", weighing in at 195lbs...

I need help, someone to talk to and help me get started and keep me motivated. I have gained almost 70lbs in the past 4 years and it just recently caught me by surprise. I have become depressed and disgusted with myself. I can no longer talk to my loved ones about my weight without crying and feeling ashamed of myself. I used to love who I was and felt so comfortable and confident in my skin. Now I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror.

My end goal is to get back down to 130lb, but I don't even know where to start.. Anybody out there willing to take me under their wing and help me get started?? I just want to be able to be to feel good about myself again..

Replies

• Vtbostongirl
    Vtbostongirl Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Let's do this together! Although my body hides my weight well and I looked proportioned to the outside eye (when I'm clothed), I feel disgusted with myself. I'm a 28 year old female at 5'6" and currently 233. I weighed myself this morning and thought, how the hell did I end up at that weight?! I used to be about 150 and completely toned as an All State Athlete in soccer, softball and field hockey but now I get winded walking up the stairs.

I feel your pain so let's embark on this journey together!!

Anyone else who wishes to add me, you're more than welcome to! More help and support is appreciated!
  • winslowhockeymom
    winslowhockeymom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to friend you both! I am in the same boat! We are NOT alone! I am a mom of 4 beautiful kiddos and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight but have since gained more than 50 pounds! I can also use support! I tend to quit as soon the results don't seem to be good enough! I feel gross and embarrassed. Wishing both of you ladies the best on your new journey!
  • stephb22
    stephb22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do it create a clear mindset and start fresh visualising your goals and seeing yourself at your end result even before you begin. If you can see it and believe it then you can achieve it! Keep it going! You've got this!
  • nobleh5
    nobleh5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, I would loved to be a supporting partner as you go through this health journey :-)
    I'm here for anything you need.