Stopped losing weight

Options
I'm not a particularly large person. My goal was only to lose 10kg. But I've lost 7 and all of a sudden stopped! I'm so eager to just lose the last 3kg it's so close! Anyone had anything similar happen or have any friendly advice?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    It is quite common for weight loss to slow as you get closer to your goal.
    Have you adjusted your calorie requirement in MFP? It is good to so so every 5-10lb depending on how much weight you have to lose.
    Unfortunately the less you weigh the less you need to eat. If you started at 1500 cals to lose, have lost 7kg, your goal now could have dropped to 1475-50 ( random number example).
    This is also the time you need to really tighten up your logging. Weigh and measure everything. Bread slices, oil for cooking, fruit (fresh and dried), package servings weigh them! don't use the cup measurement for solids.

The last few kg will come off, just slowly.

Cheers, h.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    It is quite common for weight loss to slow as you get closer to your goal.
    Have you adjusted your calorie requirement in MFP? It is good to so so every 5-10lb depending on how much weight you have to lose.
    Unfortunately the less you weigh the less you need to eat. If you started at 1500 cals to lose, have lost 7kg, your goal now could have dropped to 1475-50 ( random number example).
    This is also the time you need to really tighten up your logging. Weigh and measure everything. Bread slices, oil for cooking, fruit (fresh and dried), package servings weigh them! don't use the cup measurement for solids.

The last few kg will come off, just slowly.

Cheers, h.

^^ yup all of that
  • Burtsieboop
    Burtsieboop Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I will have to be more careful I guess. I'm quite tall, and mfp reccommended 1200 a day. Someone told me that isn't very much. Is it possible I'm not eating enough? I don't feel hungry.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Weightloss usually stops when you're close to your goal, but don't be discouraged. Continue with your routine, and do your exercises, and it will come off :) As long as you're still following your plan you will lose that few last kilos. Good luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    1200 is the lowest calorie MFP will allot anyone. So yes, it is low.
    I don't know your current or goal weight but if you are young, under 40, as well as being pretty tall you probably started with an aggressive 2 lb a week goal, hence the early fast progress.
    Now the best you can do is keep eating your 1200, don't go lower you and your body won't be happy, and maybe up your daily activity a little to get the last kgs off. And of course vigilant logging.

Fast forward and the last kgs are lost and maintenance is around the corner.
    MFP will give you your maintenance calories for your new weight. These will be higher than the 1200 you are eating now. The best way to increase your calories is by upping them by 50-100 cals per day per week for a few weeks until you are maintaining. It is much easier on the mind and body doing it gradually.

Cheers, h.
  • Burtsieboop
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! It's all really helpful and I will use all of your advise. I feel alot better about it today after reading them.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    When you stay "stopped" how long has it been since you lost weight, how often are you weighing and are you weighing yourself consistently?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    Are you using a trending weight app to figure out your weight level change as it is almost impossible to accurately gauge your progress using "naked" scale weight as you approach your goal weight (not unless your deficits are way larger than they should be).
  • Burtsieboop
    Options
    I'm not sure what a trending weight app is, so I would say no I'm not? When I have lost weight I always update mfp. Why is it difficult to accurately gauge my proccess? Sorry, I don't know much about weight loss, I was an unhealthy eater before this so it's all new to me.
  • Burtsieboop
    Options
    And galgenstrick it has been about 2 and a half weeks. I weigh myslef every day. Previously I was losing approximately 100grams a day so found it strange when it didn't move after a while.