HRM

Options
I just got well my mom got me a HRM and it only has the minutes ive done and average and max HR, is this enough to figure out how many calories Ive burned or is the wrong monitor to use??

Nadine. x

Replies

• mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi
    I use this website, read the notes at the bottom for the V02 max figure.

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

hope it helps
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    awesome, thanks. x
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you want a monitor that burns calories, then your going to have to return it and get a different one.

You can use websites and stuff, but some are not that accurate so I'd be careful.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I suggest a PolarHRM. I have a FT7 and I really love it! Besides your avg and max heart rate, it tells you the calories burned, # minutes were used for fat burning and # of minutes for fitness
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i have the polar ft4. i love it. you wont be able to return the one you have if it has a chest strap, though. if it dosn't, take it back and get yourself one that does!!!
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    ok well it was a chest strap, i was eager to use it :laugh: ... But i will take my chances for now with the one i have untill i can afford one that give calories. I dont really eat my calories burned so I should be ok. x
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I had gotten a cheap one, Timex Personal Trainer. I returned it and got a Polar ft60 which calculates your personal Vox2 and you can use your personal vox2 cal. and it shows you how many calories you are burning accurately.

I believe only the Polar ft6 and higher will calculate vox2. In order to get an accurate calorie count your HRM needs to calculate your Vox2, otherwise don't buy it! Oh and it needs to have a chest strap!