VEGETARIAN....any nice brekkie,lunch and dinner ideas?

Options
Hi, I am vegetarian (well,officially pescetarian as i eat fish)

I would love some more veggie recipes for each meal of the day if anybody has ideas.

Thank you : )

Replies

• jkh75
    jkh75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I made scrambled tofu for my breakfast the other day and was pleasantly surprised! I cooked about 1/4 of a onion. finely chopped, in a bit of oil with some tumeric, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. then I crumbled in the tofu and sauteed it all for a few minutes, until brown. i finished it off with a squirt of soy sauce and handful of sunflower seeds. A really tasty and filling breakfast.

Great lunch ideas are corn thins topped with hummus, avocado and relish; or tuna and bean sprouts; or pesto and tomato...any number of toppings!
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i like these and it's not that hard to make
    http://www.veganlovlie.com/2011/05/savoury-veggie-pancakes.html
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie too (have been since I was 3, the age at which I worked out where meat came from - never touched it again!)

Here are some ideas that I like:

Breakfast:

- Poached egg with wilted spinach on half a wholewheat seeded bagel
    - Scrambled egg whites with chunks of veggie sausages and cherry tomatoes
    - Fat free Greek yogurt with banana and a drizzle of honey

Lunch:

- Quinoa Salad Bowl (Scoop of herby quinoa with baby leaf salad, cucumber, tomato,
    black beans, grated carrot and omega sprinkle seeds. Top with half an avocado,
    blended with some red wine vinegar, lime juice, black pepper and fresh coriander.)
    - Red lentil and smokey red paprika soup (make it spicy and add a dollop of low fat
    creme fraiche)
    - Chickpea, Cumin and spinach curry with brown rice

Dinner:

- Egg white omelette, packed with green veggies, lemon zest and low fat feta cheese.
    - Quorn (my weight-loss wonderfood!) burgers with beetroot tzatziki and spicy sweet potato wedges.
    - Roasted veggie salad (carrots, beets, squash, red onion, sweet potato) with brown rice

A lot of times, I'll make an extra big dinner, then take in a portion for my lunch the next day :)
  • itsfrananne
    Options
    I had home made fishcakes with a spinage and tomatoes with a poached egg on top, was lovely and dead filling. With a glass of wine came in around 400 cals! :D
  • charlotteg1988
    charlotteg1988 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need some recipe ideas too, but i'll be honest, i'm a rubbish cook and quite lazy with it as i've so little time, i'm a full time student and mum with lots of assignment work to do, and a house to run and a child to entertain lol. I'm the only veggie in the house so i tend to get lazy once i've made my partners and sons food :-/
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you like Indian food, you can find a ton of vegetarian recipes which are also low in fat. If you need some, ping me, I can tell you some simple recipes.
  • Sargasso7
    Sargasso7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ahh thank you so much for the response!! Am loving this site....think i may try and do a weekly menu plan so i don't go off course and have everything ready to go. Love eggs...quorn and tofu..and loads of veg...so all those recipes and meal ideas are fab!

I will try and add some of my own asap!!! Thank you again!!!
  • Sargasso7
    Sargasso7 Posts: 4
    Options
    http://www.quorn.co.uk/Recipes/

Also...people with little time..check out the Quorn website...loaaads of ready meals that are low cal if you're in a hurry and so filling!!
    Also quorn recipes! nothing better than

* Spaghetti bolognese with quorn mince...or
    * Quorn sausages and sweet potato mash!!!
    or for something lighter

* Quorn steak or "pretend" chicken escalope in a wholemeal pitta with some salad or stir fry veg and nando's peri peri sauce....just like eating nando's but half the calories!!!!

Other non quorn meals i love.....

* Puy Lentil salad with roasted betroot,feta cheese and pine nuts.
    * Grilled halloumi salad with 2 mini wholemeal pittas and homous.
    * Mexican Eggs - corn tortilla cut into strips and grilled. Scrambled eggs with spring onions,green/red chillies,tomatoes and small grating of manchego cheese. so filling and tasty...with a bit of tabasco sauce for a kick!