Foods you love and hate

Options
There are some foods that if I could I would eat all day (coconut, peanut butter); and others that are just flat out nasty to me (tuna melt is an abomination created by the devil himself).

How about you? What are foods you love and hate?

Replies

• caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am so into clementines (Mandarin oranges) right now. I could eat half of a 5 pound bag in a day. It's a struggle to limit myself to a reasonable serving.

There's not really any food that I hate come to think of it...I don't like mint in desserts but that's about it.
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love soup. Brothy, tomato based...makes me no difference. I pretty much eat it all year all the time (weirdly enough, It's a staple in the summer).

Food I hate? Okra. Bleh to that!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Can't say it's really love/hate.

But I can eat pounds of meat in a sitting. No exaggeration. Especially any form of pork.

Can't see myself eating the majority of what Andrew Zimmern would/does. Domestically, I do have an aversion to even the smell of split pea soup thanks to an associated childhood trauma.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I very much agree with you about the tuna melt. Everything about it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Also that meat with the olives stuck in it. Yuck.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I used to dislike beans. Now I'm very happy with them. I haven't run into a food i didn't like since taking my health and weight more seriously
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Beets. Serious yuck.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I hate cilantro and olives
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love all types of meat, vegetables, love spinach dry as a salad but can't stand it cooked, i think its gross when cooked on a stove top.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can't stand green peppers. I can smell them a mile away. I wouldn't try Guacamole for anything, tried it for the first time about 6 months ago, can't get enough. the 100 calorie ones are so good.
  • Liss812
    Liss812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love soup & salads. Hate mayonnaise & seafood with a passion. Ask anyone whose tried to feed me these things. It hasn't ended up pretty for anyone involved.
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love sashimi and all thai food, I hate vegemite.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love: anything and everything cheese
    Hate: popcorn, unless it's cheesy popcorn
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Love: My own version of Atkins Chicken Margarita!

Hate: Cilantro!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I cannot resist any mixed rice dish: paella, biryani, Asian fried rice, jambalaya... I could easily put away a day's worth of calories in one sitting!

I don't like those tiny dried shrimps that you're supposed to eat shell an all. They remind me of spiders.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Oranges, especially blood oranges. I could eat them all day long. Apples with peanut butter yum. And melons of all kinds breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and late night snack.

Cilantro like a mouth full of soap. Celery like a mouth full of herbs. Nasty nasty nasty.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love food! I love most of the foods some of you hate; olives, tuna melts, popcorn, beets-everything edible is an experience of flavor and texture.
    The only food I'm not crazy about is shellfish. And even then, I enjoy crab, lobster, shrimp...
    Ok so it's pretty much mussels and oysters I'm not fond of.

As for favorites; cheeses of any description, olives, pickles, sauerkraut-anything vinegary or sour. Also chips. And every ethnic food I've tried (Indian, Ethiopian, Mexican, Greek, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, German-you name it.)

Food is awesome!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hate Brussels sprouts...i feel like i would like them if i could find the right way to cook them, but I'm still searching.....

Funny, when i was 4 i loved canned tuna weight peas. Can't even stomach the smell of canned tuna now. I also hate clams and oysters...reminds me of swallowing a slimy ball of rubber. Can't stand Oreos....stomach virus, nuff said. Okra, i have never been able to eat....just ugh. I do love most veggies, though.

Foods i love? Honestly, anything without a TON of sugar....except the occasional coke. I could probably live off sushi, though. I really feel like crap after i eat too much overly processed food or fried or greasy food.
  • ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I very much agree with you about the tuna melt. Everything about it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Also that meat with the olives stuck in it. Yuck.

Wrong is right! Hot fish, mayo, cheese... I can't imagine a nastier combination. And olive loaf... Bleah! Haven't thought of that in years. My grandmother always tried to make me eat it "or else go hungry." As if it was a choice... I chose hunger every time.
  • ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A bunch of hates for cilantro so far. I just recently heard about how it tastes like soap to some people... I had no idea. I personally like it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I need to eat raw tomatoes every single day. Sometimes I manage to consume 5 pounds of them in a day. I can't deal with steak, organ meat, or bacon. Instant gag reflex... it's embarrassing sometimes.