Fighting temptation at work

Options
i was totally on fire this morning from having a couple great food logs for the week... Then my coworker brought donuts to work..... #epicfail
I definitely need to work on resisting temptation at work!!!

Replies

• bthao7
    bthao7 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    #nodonuts should be the office mandate
  • kenjloisel
    kenjloisel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you! I work at a hair salon and the month of December always means tons of chocolate from clients...it's the worst!!
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Brooke6945 wrote: »
    i was totally on fire this morning from having a couple great food logs for the week... Then my coworker brought donuts to work..... #epicfail

I hear you girl, yesterday at work there was some chocolates there, looked at it twice and each time I wish I had one,but was able to resist.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Our office is overloaded with sweets right now. I put daily reminders on my work calendar that pop up with motivational quotes. It has really helped me avoid
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I just gotta stay out of the break/coffee room. I make my own coffee and bring a small cooler so I don't have to go in there!
  • Paula456
    Paula456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not begin a trend of healthy snacks.......this will encourage others to do it? Or treat yourself every once and a while so that you do not binge. If you eat one thing don't stress yourself out - you could I totally agree with Tuckerji who is doing out of sight, out of mind that is a great tactic both psychologically and pure avoidance. I think you could burn off that doughnut tonight with exercise and you are straight back on track or walk to the toilet and get a few steps in at work that is a great way as well to get rid of a couple of calories! Also the motivational posts is a good idea. And also two food logs - that is a good start! Keep it up. xx
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oh snap. first day back in the office today and theres left over chocolates in the kitchen....temptation at its worst. therefore ive not had a coffee or tea today.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    I try to imagine the treat being covered with germs. It helps to think that someone with dirty hands handled the doughnut before I got to the break room and then put it back in the box. Or if it is a home made treat, do you really know how clean the person's kitchen is that made the treat? This time of year there are a lot of germs out there just waiting to attach!
  • 2muchfnsugar
    2muchfnsugar Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Brooke6945 wrote: »

Although I don't (notice I didn't say "can't") always resist donuts, I do look at them in terms of how many miles I have to run to burn it off. It kind of helps putting things into a different perspective when I see a donut and think, "I would have to run about 2.5 miles just for 20 seconds of pure sweet sugary bliss." lol. *drool*

• erinraden
    erinraden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with secretly snacking and pretending to others (and myself!) that I hadn't eaten. I keep telling myself, "you have be accountable" every time before I reach for something. It usually shames me into not overindulging.