tea and coffee...???

Options
I drink between 4-6 cups of tea a day, with a tiny dash of skimmed milk ( i like my tea v.strong) and I am finding that counting my tea intake is taking me over most days. Does anyone else count it in theirs? I find it hard to believe that 4 cups of tea-as strong as I have it-is 75 calories a day!!!

Replies

• ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    my coffee takes up almost 100 calories of mine a day-but i HAVE to have it so I usually log it BEFORE I eat-just about every day I drink 6-8 cups (my coffee mugs are bigger than 8 oz. so its actually like 4 to me) My sweet tea addiction on the otherhand has GOT to stop! lol
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have quite a lot of coffee also just another habit that I will need to wean off. I do put it into my diary as it is calories after all. I am hoping on cutting down to 3 a day then hopefully 1. Would love to get into herbal teas as the benefits are good but find it hard.
  • rubymerryn
    Options
    What do you use to sweeten your tea? I count mine and the sugar is was gets me :(
    Try a natural sweetner
    (Natural, key word... splenda will give you cancer yuk yuk yuk gross stuff)

Or just try and cut out your carbs in other areas?
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would work out how much milk you have and just count the calories for that - it's the milk not the tea that has the cals.
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    Can you cut out the milk? Or cut down? If you use just a tablespoon of milk in it, its really low calorie [there is only 90 calories in a cup of skim milk and only a tablespoon for each tea would equal under 30 calories for 4 cups.] Plain tea has 5 or less calories a serving, so I drink a lot of that and save tea with milk and sugar for when I have the extra calories.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    What do you use to sweeten your tea? I count mine and the sugar is was gets me :(
    Try a natural sweetner
    (Natural, key word... splenda will give you cancer yuk yuk yuk gross stuff)

Or just try and cut out your carbs in other areas?

I have my tea without sugar or sweetener so I think it is counting the milk, which is a minuscule amount!
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    Can you cut out the milk? Or cut down? If you use just a tablespoon of milk in it, its really low calorie [there is only 90 calories in a cup of skim milk and only a tablespoon for each tea would equal under 30 calories for 4 cups.] Plain tea has 5 or less calories a serving, so I drink a lot of that and save tea with milk and sugar for when I have the extra calories.

I probably already do have about a tablespoon of milk (skimmed) in my tea already but MFP works it out as more. I may just measure the milk and record that as suggested x
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    odd my coffee with sweetner is 45 and it has a dash of milk i didnt really think tea was that high. have a look on the side of the box and see i did this for herbal teas i drink they were like 2cals a bag you can always work it out as seperates like that and see what it is and if the 75 is correct if it is and you use sugar switch to sweetners or cut it out same with milk go skimmed or cut it out other than that maybe just cut back on tea?
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    It'll be the milk and/or sweetener thats doing it! I cut out all milk, sugar, and syrups from my tea and coffee, and drink all tea pure - whether it be green, black, fruit or flavoured. Just stew the teabag for 3 minutes in hot water, and then drink. Add nothing at all.

I find it tastes a lot better, makes you feel fresh, and really quenches the thirst as well as being comforting.
  • drivelerq
    drivelerq Posts: 9
    Options
    I drink green tea with nothing in it....great health benefits and no calories..... I did not like the taste before I started, but set my mind to learn to like it and now I enjoy it a lot. It is after all.......all about attitude. The biggest battles we will ever fight are in our minds.:drinker:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i just add the milk for the day and then don't worry about it,some days i'll be over some days under but its less stress!
  • midwesthiker
    midwesthiker Posts: 144
    Options
    Measure out what you put in it and create your own "food". That way you know it is right. I did that with my coffee since I add a certain amount of cream and sugar.