Middle Age New Beginnings

Options
I am Kelly, a 43 year old mother of 4 and grandmother of 2. After a a rough year with my health and 40 lbs gained it is time to take control back and hopefully meet people who want to make some healthy changes also. I need some motivation, inspiration and tips to a better healthier me.

Replies

• c1dav2
    c1dav2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • mommanan86
    mommanan86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm there with ya! Grandma that wants to play with the babies not just rock them to sleep! I have 3 soon to be 4 grands!
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lost about 5 lbs. needing do more exercise. Fibromyalgia is slowing me down. Anyone with tips to reduce the pain.
  • gottabekd
    gottabekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi kelbels1, I was just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia despite suffering with it for the past 15 years. The best exercise I've found is swimming. I started lessons just because I had always had a fear of water but the specific breathing pattern and warmth of the water (the pool I go to is warmer than your average pool, but I've found success at cooler pools as well) are an enormous help to my symptoms. Aqua fit classes are also good - I did one the other week and it torched way more calories than my usual lap swimming!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    That is a great idea. I will need to try to find a heated therapy pool near me.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, 44 year old grandpa here. Add me.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    "Stop rewarding yourself with food, you're not a dog"

I remember this every time I think "I have been so good, I deserve this". Stops me every time.