Anyone else gain a few over the holidays?

Options
Well.. Yes I ate too much & feeling a tad guilty :) anyone have any motivation or nutrition tips to kick off the new year? I'm thinking of doing a high protein/low carb diet. Good luck all!

Replies

• CaptianAmer
    CaptianAmer Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cardio helps me. And not eating after 7 in the evening
  • fhudetz
    fhudetz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ashley...the holidays were pretty tough for me especially Thanksgiving, but I have to say MFP has been the best program I've ever been on. This will be an insane sort of lose weight tip, but I did great between Christmas and New Years due to a bad cold. So ..go get sick to lose 3-5lbs fast. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log everything.
    Be consistent.
    Get enough protein, fat and fiber.
    Work out if/when you want (lifting weights is key for body composition if that's part of your goal).

Ignore all magical solutions (such as "drink lemon water" or "don't eat at night").

Stick to it! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    I certainly did gain weight over Christmas ... I'm probably still gaining weight because I'm still on my diet break. :grin: I figure it will probably be between 1 and 3 kg in the end, but I won't know for sure until about the middle of next week. I'm too busy enjoying all sorts of yummy food to care right now. :):)

When I return to the diet (CI<CO), I'll lose it ... just like I lost the 26 kg coming into Christmas. :) It's all good.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Weigh and log everything.
    Be consistent.
    Get enough protein, fat and fiber.
    Work out if/when you want (lifting weights is key for body composition if that's part of your goal).

Ignore all magical solutions (such as "drink lemon water" or "don't eat at night").

Stick to it! Slow and steady wins the race!

This ^^^^^
  • AshleyJW31
    AshleyJW31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :smiley:
  • steph_vt
    steph_vt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hahah yeh xD to be fair i try not to worry too much throughout the holidays and just focus on being with the family,christmas and mt birthday are the only times i just let myself eat what i want xD
  • AshleyJW31
    AshleyJW31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • gsnow597
    gsnow597 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the above. Thanksgiving to New Years Eve I just let it go. I don't recommend that but I refused to feel too guilty. As a result...about 12 lb gain. This did include hitting beer pretty hard over the football bowl season. Now Im back on MFP, following the program, using recipe's from the Blog section, and back doing cardio. Result since 1/1/16...down 5 lbs and counting. (208-to-203). Would love to have the fortitude and stamina to continue this as I would like to drop 30 lbs by the end of March.
  • reachingunder120
    reachingunder120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    *sigh* since the holidays happened to align with my car crash I gained weight because not only was I eating more but I had to take a break from exercising. Even last night I didn't do well. Guess it's just one of those things where you have to make up your mind that even tho it feels discouraging to have taken a step backwards, you can only look forwards from here