High protein low fat low carbs

Options
soooo how much protein do people have on the protein diets? And how much carbs? And how much fat? I feel that 50g of carbs isn't helping me and I'm at the gym 4 days a week. I'm defo moving more and eating less yet I can't seem to loose weight?
So I've heard people saying about a high protein diet and I'm just wondering how much protein you eat?
My typical day is..
Porridge banana
Lunch is cottage cheese and tuna salad
If I'm
Hungry I'll snack on boiled eggs
Yea is chicken breast or red meat with green veg.. Maybe 20 grams of brown rice or pasta?
And I will have a protein shake pre work out?!
However I'm unsure if I need to add more protein/carbs etc
Thanks

Replies

• Mzfudge83
    Mzfudge83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing a high protein my self. My name is Theresa
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? What are your height/weight/age/exercise and non-exercise activity levels?
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    As a rule, you should set macro goals as a % of intake or a gram per pound or kilogram. The baseline is 0.8g/kg or 0.36g/lb. You generally need more when you are in calorie deficit, and when you are more active, especially with resistance training. So as a starting point, aim for 1g/kg.

That being said:
    • How long have you been monitoring your food intake?
    • What is your calorie goal and are you reliably reaching it, not exceeding?
    • Is your goal more than a 20% deficit of your maintenance calories?
    • Are you interested in doing a ketogenic diet which is often started at under 50g of carbs a day, more often sub 30g.
    • As a rule, protein intake stays constant and fats and carbs fluctuate depending on how you personally deal with them. Go reduced carb or reduced fat depending on which one you can adhere to best.
    • Why do you feel 50g of carbs is not helping you? You may need more depending on how intense your gym days are.