How did you do over the holidays?

Options
How did you do over the holidays? What's your plan to get back on track? Kind of funny how crowded the gym was yesterday; 'eh?

I essentially ignored MFP etc. during the holidays (ate pecan pie at Christmas, for example) but tried to maintain some sort of reasonable caloric intake, modulated informally in my head. Yesterday I went back on plan and then weighed myself this morning. I went into the holidays at 218.5 and came out at 221.5, so I am pleased with that. I can remember previous holiday seasons where I gained 8 - 10 pounds.

I expect to be knocking on the door of uncharted territory within 10 days or so.

Replies

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    6 pounds gained, which is nothing compared to the mountains of food, soda and alcohol I shoveled down.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I started around thanksgiving at 240 and yesterday I was 231. So I'll take it! It slowed greatly the two weeks around christmas and new years(it even went up a few pounds). I'm back on it since yesterday and already lost 3 lbs of water weight.
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 pounds, back on the program and down 2 pounds.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot and didn't worry about tracking. Now that the water weight is dropping off I think I gained 2-3 pounds over the festive period through to new year. No big deal. Just means it's an extra couple of weeks until I hit my goal :)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I didn't really do much, didn't have a huge dinner ever and sat alone on Christmas evening eating leftover Jimmy John's and drinking red wine while watching Sharknado. I gained/lost 0 pounds.
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Didn't go completely off the rails; but I didn't stay on the train either. I gained 7 lbs between Thanksgiving - Jan 3; the bulk of the weight gain came in the last week when my schedule got tight with family gatherings (missed workouts) extra food and drink. But, revving back up is far easier this time around with less to lose and most importantly the knowledge on how to lose it - that's been crucial for me the "how to get there". So the plan is just do what got me to my goal -logging food (mindful eating, workouts (daily) and weigh-in regularly!!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I somewhat ignored MFP and my fitness tracking during the holidays, and I gained a few (4 or 5) pounds. The key is that I'm back on track with my food / exercise tracking and my exercise program. Good luck to you with your fitness efforts in 2016.
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I got food poisoning on Christmas - the ultimate holiday detox, let me tell you. Managed to get through the holidays down 2 pounds. (But pretty sure it was just the food poisoning)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If I hadn't eaten 5# of candy in December I'd be at goal weight now. I did lose but this was the first year in the past decade that I didn't gain. It was good practice for all of the challenging times of life where over eating seems to occur.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track throughout and lost 7 lbs. Didn't use "the holidays" as an excuse to overeat. Still like myself this month. Win win :smiley:
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I actually maintained my weight over Christmas and New Year's. If we're talking since Thanksgiving, then I gained about 3lbs.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    fabulous!, I ate it all, drank it all and did double my exercises. all good.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Plateaued one pound over my goal weight. Save for the day after Thanksgiving (195), have been 190.2-192 the whole season from November 1.
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    gained about 16lbs - how is that even possible!!? Back on track now, lost some really quickly and now have about 8lbs to get back where I was before Christmas (160 lbs lost). I will keep going until I fly off on holiday in 2 weeks when, no doubt, I will gain again. I have learned, though, that it does go if you get back to logging!!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    From 11/23 to 1/4 I gained .4lbs. In maintance that's pretty darn good. Well within my range.

I need to concentrate on getting more exercise and drinking more water in 2016.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gained 3lbs and ate a *kitten* load of chocolate, I've done worse
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Looking at my progress chart, I spiked over the holidays, but then dropped quickly in the past week. Actually less than before the holidays. I think it was just water gain because I pretty much stuck to my calorie goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I did what I usually do and I enjoyed myself and feasted and drank too much, etc, etc, etc...I don't really look at is as being off track...it's a holiday...a special occasion which is largely irrelevant to the whole. The holidays are over so I will just continue on with my overall good livin'

Your health, weight, fitness, etc aren't predicated on a handful of holidays, birthday parties, special occasion, rando neighborhood BBQs, etc...these things are predicated on what you're doing most of the time.