Post here if you're looking for new MFP friends!

Options

Replies

• zeptepi_sam
    zeptepi_sam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 years old, 5'10" (178 cm) and weighed in yesterday at 340 lbs (154 kgs)! The last time I saw this on the scale I was 9 months pregnant in 2012. My lowest adult weight was 255 in 2014, and then I fell off the wagon hard.

I have had a binge eating disorder for as long as I can remember. I went through drug-based treatment in 2014 which backfired and it (in-part) sent me spiraling back into depression and BED. Now since August of 2014 I gained back nearly 100 pounds and I need to end this now. I have been diagnosed with severe binge-eating disorder and am beginning to get help for it with a counselor and a dietitian.

HOWEVER - I know I can lose the weight and control my BED because I've done it before.

I'm looking for new friends, preferably positive-minded people who are/have been in the same situation as me.

It's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and start taking care of myself!
  • Wonder_Whit
    Wonder_Whit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm always down for building up my support system! Anyone here is welcome to add me! ♥
  • fat2fitaddict
    fat2fitaddict Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hey everyone..add me if ud like! 31, cancer survivor, cable guy..married (ladies back up-im committed lol) and a farther of 3, looking to lose weight, get fit, and run the boston marathon!
  • djmanos65
    djmanos65 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a returning member who would love to rebuild his motivation/support base!
  • Chloobeafofiti
    Chloobeafofiti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20 years old and looking for some friends to motivate me. I used to have an account here before, but I deleted it because I wasn't consistent with it. I decided to start anew again since I managed to gain 5 kg back from the 15 I lost a year ago. My goal is to lose another 15 kg (33 lbs), for now, maybe my goal will change over time.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends since a lot of my old ones are inactive or deleted me due to inactivity. Losing weight to go to South Korea and also for my sister's wedding which will most likely be spring 2017. Also trying to train to do a half-marathon for my 24th birthday in July.
  • CactusRach
    CactusRach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lost over 60lbs 2/3 years ago (with MFP). Best thing I ever did. Kept it off pretty well until recently.

To be honest, I haven't weighed. I worked so hard to lose what I did and feel like I've let myself down so I just don't want to know. I feel it'll be a big punch in the gut and it's not worth it right now. It's nothing near 60lbs, but it will end up that way if I don't do something about it now. I'll weigh once I've been at it again for a few weeks.

Last time I did this I had a great bunch of people on here, so I'm looking for another group of people who can help me get to goal, all over again!
  • RnS2015
    RnS2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends that will motivate me and possibly make me laugh every now and then! ;)
  • _Stace98
    _Stace98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends to help motivate me! :) I'm 18 and have about 65 pounds to lose.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to add me is more than welcome! I am just starting to get serious about tracking and making healthy choices, but I would love to have friends here. :) I am a mom of three young children, and I work full-time as a corporate controller.
  • krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've gone through and added most, if not all, of you! If I missed anyone, let me know, and thanks so much for the comments!
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    New year, time for some new friends! Let's do it!
  • hopessong
    hopessong Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 90 pounds to lose and I am looking for someone to buddy with for 2016 who will be willing to help me, and whom I am willing to help, build an accountability structure to meet our goals. The structureI see for myself looks like a 10 minute skype call in the morning and a 10 minute skype call in the evening. Doing the skype we will share our goals for the day. At the end of the day we will have another 10 minute skype call where we will go over what we did and didn't do that day. We can look at what worked and what didn't work (not what is wrong) about fulfilling the promises for the day so we can add or take away what's needed the next day.

Starting today I am looking to change my life. I am not doing this as a New Years Resolution. I am doing this because I am resolved to change my life and would love love love to buddy with someone on the same path. I am very empathetic, a great listening, and willing to be there.

If any of you like this and would like to partner please let me know:-)

• ferravb
    ferravb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!!!
  • sdmlr
    sdmlr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please add me, need all the support I can get. Starting over again. I have gained and lost and gained 37lbs since Christmas 2014.
  • pinktara2013
    pinktara2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can always use more friends/motivation! I am a RN and single mom of two teenage boys. I have a lot of weight to lose, but mostly I want to be healthier and be a good role model for my kids. I have been on MFP for a couple of years but keep stopping and restarting. I'm trying to make this time my last time starting over!
  • mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Always looking to add new Fit Friends. Feel free to add me.
  • FranBrown1
    FranBrown1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 63 years old. Is there anyone my age on here? I am partially disabled with heart problems, arthritis, and fibromylgia. Need a support group desperately!
  • Johnson032011
    Johnson032011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Feel free to add me. We can help keep each other accountable. Share exercise routines. Help keep each other accountable and just support each other. I am working on losing 100 lbs so far ive almost lost 10 and counting
  • GetFitRoGo
    GetFitRoGo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me, if you are still checking this post: GetFitRoGo