Pregnacy setting

Options
Hi everyone! I wish there was a pregant setting that,could help with diet during pregnacy! Anyone else think this?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Most recommendations I've seen are to set your goal to maintenance during the first trimester and then .5-1 pound gain the remainder of the time. Every woman goes through pregnancy differently, so it's difficult to have a single mode.
  • b_thate
    b_thate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to know if it's safe to lose weight and work out while pregnant?!?
  • bicirosa
    bicirosa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes it's safe to work out, as long as you were doing what you were before becoming pregnant. So don't pick up running if you haven't been a runner before. If you're otherwise healthy you can walk, swim, do low impact aerobics, etc. It's always a good idea to ask your doctor first though if you're not sure. Everyone I've talked to in the medical field says that trying to lose weight is a no-no. But you can focus on trying to not gain more than you're recommended to while you're pregnant, which itself is a challenge. I'm 6 months in, and because the first months were filled with nausea (which ironically was only solved by eating) and exhaustion I'm already on track to gain more than I should but trying to focus on eating healthy and moderate exercise. Here's a resource on how much weight you should gain based on your BMI: http://www.babycenter.com/0_pregnancy-weight-gain-what-to-expect_1466.bc
  • bicirosa
    bicirosa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also @caseyd468 you can manually adjust your calorie intake in the settings to reflect that you're not trying to lose weight. The *average* (again, depends on your BMI and activity level before being pregnant) doctors recommend is 1800 in first trimester, 2200 in the second, and 2400 in the 3rd. There are all kinds of online calculators to help you figure out what you individually need.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most Doctors will tell you to add 300 calories to your "normal" So when I told her that I was eating around 1500 to 1800 calories depending on how much I worked out she said "Go with 2000 calories, this should be plenty for the baby to be nourished and for you to not gain an excessive amount." When I first found out I had been in the gym literally every day of the week doing at least an hour workout... I was also getting almost 18000 steps every day. I stopped working out in October because it just became too uncomfortable for me. I felt like my belly was in the way and I constantly worried about doing too much. So as a result my intake calories have gone down and I have gained.

30 days more until my due date and I've gain 22lbs. I feel like that is pretty good, try to rationalize that when my baby is born hopefully he is 7-8 lbs... then afterbirth and all that... maybe 15lbs right there? so I should be back down to starting weight a month after having him.

Be sensible, don't listen to people when they say you are eating for 2... I've tried to stick with high protein foods, high fiber foods and things with lots of calcium just so I know that baby and I are both getting everything we need. Plus I guarantee your body will tell you when it needs more food!! Listen to it!!

Oh and congratulations :) Many years of joyful times with your baby to come :)
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on becoming pregnant within this year and right now I'm trying to lose 5-10 lbs to set myself up....I'm at 185 lbs right now so... I'm also taking prenatal vitamins now as well