Running

Options
I recently Moved to France about a month ago for an internship, When ever I run here, my nose burns so badly that I feel like its going to start bleeding. Does anyone know of anything I can do to help sooth this?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If it's allergies, find an antihistamine that suits you. If it's hot, dry air, try sticking some Vaseline up your nostrils. Icky but it works!
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Probably humidity?

Your nose does a good job of warming and moistening incoming air. But if it's dry then... it's going to hurt.

I live in a place where there's practically no humidity so when I run I put some aveeno lotion in my nose. Sounds gross but it works...
  • panda0009
    panda0009 Posts: 5
    Options
    won't that clog my nose while running? I thought it was best to breathe in through your nose while you run?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It just coats the inner skin with a thin layer, it doesn't block it at all.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    won't that clog my nose while running? I thought it was best to breathe in through your nose while you run?

Well I don't mean dabs of lotion that will take up space in your nose. Just take some and wipe it on your index finger then around your nose so it keeps your nose moist.

I personally use lotion but the vaseline idea sounds better right about now.
  • panda0009
    panda0009 Posts: 5
    Options
    It worked!! Thanks for the tip!