BodyRock?

Options
I just found the BodyRock website, thanks to a post here, and I'm really intrigued... I don't have some of the equipment they use (like a Dip Station) -- can I go ahead and start doing the workouts anyway, or will that really throw me off?

Thanks!

Replies

• mattiexox
    mattiexox Posts: 42
    Options
    Yes! You can always substitute those exercises they do with equipment with bodyweight exercises that work similar muscle groups. or just skip the workouts that require a lot of equipment. That's what I do!
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    See what just flipping around the pages here can do? I never heard of BRtv, and thx to you two, I am sooo excited to try these in my weekly routines!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to start tomorrow. Thanks!
  • FitShark
    Options
    I just finished my first BR w/o (the June 4th post) and I loved it...I used chairs and a body bar to help me do the reverse push ups, but ended up just doin pushups for two of the rounds, it was better cos the chairs not as hih as the dip station thing, and I didnt have so much room to do them ...but it was a good one!

I was even more happy to have figured out my Sprtline HRM Interval setting! YAY-YA!

thx for sahring the fantastic site!
    -Carolyn
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love that site. That chics body is awesome. If I can get my abs to look half that good I would be amazed.
  • FitShark
    Options
    you and me both Desirai!
  • FitShark
    Options
    I was wondering, how do any of you log the workouts? Cardio Intervals? Calisthenics? I have yet to wear my HRM doing the BodyRock w/o's to get a comparisson going...

Have a Rockin Day :P
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Personally I consider them calisthenics for the most part
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Hmm... I would have considered them circuit training, just for lack of something better to label them (and I don't have a HRM, so I can't use that.) Calisthenics could be right too, though. What do others use?
  • missmomma77
    Options
    Bump
  • FitShark
    Options
    I have logged them in under both Intervals/circuit training and Calisthenics, depending on the rest of my wrkout, and seems to be generally wrking fine as far as the tracking in general for total cals burned and food intake goes....
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Options
    Yay for more bodyrockers! I've been BR for about 5 months now. Like other's said...just substitute in another form of exercise. But, I really, really, really, LOVE my dip station! It is a little expensive, but if you buy one piece of equipment, get that. I am getting to the point where I will need a sandbag to add more weight to my routines, but I can just make one. The pull up bar is nice, but you can do most of the stuff on the dip station.
  • FitShark
    Options
    I have been thinking about adding the dip station, but I have 2 folding chair that are working fine for now!...i just have to pad the handles better, the tops of chairs are kind of hard on the grip/wrists...its something to save for and look forward to.

I have adjustable dumbells so I use that in place of sandbags ..gallon containers filled with water are great substitutes too!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I have been thinking about adding the dip station, but I have 2 folding chair that are working fine for now!...i just have to pad the handles better, the tops of chairs are kind of hard on the grip/wrists...its something to save for and look forward to.

I have adjustable dumbells so I use that in place of sandbags ..gallon containers filled with water are great substitutes too!

The chairs work great for dips, but not so much for the reverse push-ups from - last week? I can't remember -- or maybe my chairs are too light. It was kind of futile, though.
  • FitShark
    Options
    You are right about the reverse push-ups...I have to find a sub for that, but good ol'regular pushups work too :) although the variations are what keep me interested in doing these workouts. I just did an old one I found in the BRtv "archives" (The O-Face wrkout!) and now taking my dog for a nice long walk before I go out for the day....have a good one!