I was completely honest with myself about..

Options
mom12
mom12 Posts: 39 Member
what I ate yesterday. even with excercise I was over 1000 calories over my goal. It wonb't even work if I lie to myself right? Yuck. I have been over before, but yesterday I went home from work feeling really annoyed about something and let myself use food as comfort. BAD IDEA. and honestly not a new thing for me. Soo...todays a new day, and I am so glad I now have so many friends on MFP to help and support me!:frown:

Replies

• Chynadoll00
    Options
    We all share those days here. The best thing is you know it (the good from the bad) ... and those days will soon come to pass because we eventually learn that for those horrible days a great wokrout does far more for us then eating ! So hang in there and best of luck to you on the new healthier you!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done for being able to realise what you were doing and why it is being bad for you. Also kudos for not lieng to yourself, thats a vital thing on this journey. Your right lying to yourself isnt going to get you anywhere. Hope you have a better day today.
  • kmarx65
    kmarx65 Posts: 28
    Options
    I had one of those..ok, maybe two of those days(grin). As painful as it was I logged it. Then I freaked out, got depressed, and then got back on track. The back on track saved my skin and I ended up loosing a pound.
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    Honesty is definitely the best policy in this case :) It allows us to see where we can improve and what changes can be made.

Have you tried beating frustration out with something that's good? A long hard walk? Boxing on the Wii? Having a splash about at swimming? Even cooking something really healthy could help to let you sweat it out :) Definitely worth a try! And at the end you'll have your goal being met to be happy about. Bonus :)
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    Well done for being honest with yourself (and us) I think that's a massive achievement in itself.

Today is another day and just start again.

Good luck

Jayne
    x
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day or two. We all have different triggers that make us eat more or go to the unhealthy foods. When something is bothering you, try to find someone that you can talk to about it and vent. In the summer when I am not working, I am triggered to eat salty high carb snacks when I am bored, so I have to try to plan things to do to keep myself busy. Today will be a better day for you!! Good luck:smile:
  • mom12
    Options
    Excercise is something I really enjoy and look forward to, but...I had a serious ankle injury and surgery and a broken bone in January, and I am (just yesterday) allowed to walk without the orthopedic boot. Soon I will be able to try and replace the need for soomething in my mouth with some aeribic excercise, hopefully!!!!:grumble:
  • storyt17
    storyt17 Posts: 13
    Options
    Same here! I have been stressed with things the last two days as well and totally slacked off as well as stuffed my face. Today is a new day and I will do better! Thanks for being honest it makes me be honest as well!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best policy and you did the right thing. Accountability to ourselves is all that matters so I'm glad you have reached this level. Keep actively pushing towards improvements.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    what I ate yesterday. even with excercise I was over 1000 calories over my goal. It wonb't even work if I lie to myself right? Yuck. I have been over before, but yesterday I went home from work feeling really annoyed about something and let myself use food as comfort. BAD IDEA. and honestly not a new thing for me. Soo...todays a new day, and I am so glad I now have so many friends on MFP to help and support me!:frown:
    I'm working on various food-related issues and super-exceeding my calorie allowance is one of them. I've made a lot of progress over the past few years, but one of the things I've been proudest of is logging my food intake even when--or especially when--I'm feeling kind of out-of-control and overeating. I hate seeing my MFP daily calorie count be a red -1500 (and knowing that other people can see it too!), but it does really keep me accountable and some days is enough of a motivation to limit my overeating tendencies. Good luck and stay honest!!
    -LP
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    love your attitude...here, let me dust you off :)
  • mom12
    Options
    thanks! :smooched:
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    I really appreciated your honesty. I've just started with MPF but I've been working at losing weight for ages. I felt totally out of control and I stumbled on this while searching for apps. I've read several threads now and yours is the one that has really touched me. Not only because I relate, but also because being honest with yourself, is sometimes harder than being honest with someone else. I haven't had the chance yet to be dishonest with myself on MFP, but after having read this, I'm determined to be honest no matter what.
    Thanks!!