Replies

• lynnpertle
    lynnpertle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well.
  • TheRunningman1985
    TheRunningman1985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I dont think so with the amount of times the app crashes.
  • Dyana1109
    Dyana1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's a good point. So far I can't get my fitbit tracker to relay my steps to MFP app. It's very frustrating.
  • Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If honestly... I have premium and see no changes, only adds are gone..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    this app/site is barely worth free...i'd never pay for this mess. it's always been a little buggy, but it's way worse than it was a few years ago...
  • RobertHolland567
    RobertHolland567 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can you track fiber in the premium
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I would say no, because the site is very buggy and the MFP database is a wasteland of incorrect entires. Also, you can do pretty much everything on the free version that you can on the paid on. As @cwolfman13 mentioned this site is barely worth it for free….

@RobertHolland567 you can track fiber on the free version. you just need to update your view under "custom settings"
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother if I could do it again. It is useful in terms of if you want to set your macros and calories at a specific amount and you don't want exercise to bother it, but really you could just know what those goals are in your head without this aid :P
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Why I'm premium:

1. Better support for TDEE methods (won't add exercise calories back)
    2. Different goals for different days of the week
    3. Because any tool that helps me lose weight as effectively as MFP deserves some money for their efforts.

The app and website are so-so, but you can't argue with results.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can track fiber in premium.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    rankinsect: thanks, that's me: Different goals for different days of the week and because any tool that helps me lose weight as effectively as MFP deserves some money for their efforts.

Nothing in life is FREE. Somebody have to pay for the workers and to keep the site running, so its either purchase Premium and be advert FREE or get the FREE service and put up with the advertising - it does not take a GED to figure it out.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    rankinsect: thanks, that's me: Different goals for different days of the week and because any tool that helps me lose weight as effectively as MFP deserves some money for their efforts.

Nothing in life is FREE. Somebody have to pay for the workers and to keep the site running, so its either purchase Premium and be advert FREE or get the FREE service and put up with the advertising - it does not take a GED to figure it out.

this site makes money off of their advertising...they just want to make more money by hooking people into believing that they somehow get additional benefits for a pay version, which IMO you do not.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    For most people starting out you don't need any of the features offered in Premium. For people with more advanced methods of dieting (calorie cycling, carb cycling, refeeds, TDEE method) using Premium can be helpful, but there are work arounds in the free version.
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Why I'm premium:

1. Better support for TDEE methods (won't add exercise calories back)
    2. Different goals for different days of the week
    3. Because any tool that helps me lose weight as effectively as MFP deserves some money for their efforts.

The app and website are so-so, but you can't argue with results.
    I'm a newbie (19 days) and a former Weight Watchers monthly subscriber. I was paying $47+ a month for tracking features without the community tha MFP has. I've also lost more weight in those nineteen days than I had at WW in 6 months....I was on a yo-yo. I find counting calories and watching nutrient values far better and easier than points. Points meant nothing....eating too much sugar or carbs? I can see exactly how it effects me. I signed up for premium for $50 a year, as I want to support a site that is helping me kick butt :)

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Can you track fiber in the premium

You can track fibre for free as well
  • Dyana1109
    Dyana1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Without the Premium, it tells me how many protein, sugar and carbs etc that I should maintain. Would those numbers be more accurate or change if we did have the premium?
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Dyana1109 wrote: »
    Without the Premium, it tells me how many protein, sugar and carbs etc that I should maintain. Would those numbers be more accurate or change if we did have the premium?

With Premium, you can set your Macronutrients by gram; which is more precise than percentage & that's why, I have it.
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's a good question go glad to hear other ideas about it
  • ndj1979
    Options

With Premium, you can set your Macronutrients by gram; which is more precise than percentage & that's why, I have it.

The free version shows grams too
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

The free version shows grams too

I know but I can't set it by grams, without Premium; just percentages & only by increments of 5.