Low Calorie Breakfasts

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
I try to find Low calorie Breakfasts...Seems like I can stay on track better if I eat light in the Morning. I start out with 3 egg whites, turkey bacon (only 30 cals for 2!) and 1/2 Earth grains Thin Bun Bread (50 cals)

Does anyone else have any great ideas? I detest Yogurt by the way

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I have been enjoying a similar breakfast... Kangaroo salad pouch (like a pita), egg beater with a couple of mushrooms, 3 slices of ready made bacon and laughing cow blue cheese spread. 220 Calories...

FYI - I hate yogurt too! :)
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to both of yours. One cup of egg beaters, turkey sausage onions and laughing cow on the 100 calorie thingys. But only on the weekends. Can't find enough time during the week to fix that. Good Luck all!
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for 30 grams oatmeal, cooked with water. I put fresh berries on top and then top with a little skim milk and 2 tsp xylitol. I also like to add a tsp of linwoods or chia seeds for extra fibre. It's my favorite breakfast. :)
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    porridge made with water,spoon of honey,one egg omlette glass of juice!
  • debpulley
    debpulley Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese and 1/4 cup chunky applesauce for 105 calories. Love it.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is pretty boring compared to all yours but i'm not great at eating early so to me its better than nothing, i have 30 grams of sultana bran and semi skimmed milk. only works out at 150 cals.
  • es0torok
    es0torok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine is normally as basic as it can be. 1 Cup Cheerios (I *like* mine dry) and a banana.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Dakota Valley Lite english muffin, toasted with apple butter on top, and a couple slices of canadian bacon, (I like them cold for some reason, maybe I'm weird) But it gives me both my carbs (which I unfortunately am addicted to) sweet, and salty. It's an even balance for the morning.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Fage 0% fat greek yogurt
    1/4 cup fresh blueberries
    Coffee (splenda only)
    Under 100 calories, 10 carbs, 13 protein.

I sometimes have 3/4 cup egg beaters (southwestrn)
    some fresh green and red pappers sauteed in a shot of Pam
    Newman's Own salsa (6 tbsp)
    1/8 - 1/4 fresh canteloupe
    Coffee w/splenda
    200 calories, 26 carbs, 18 protein
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks yaw! Great Ideas!
  • bedky
    bedky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every morning. I call it a MEC or {English} Muffing, Egg & Cheese sandwich. I even wrote how I make it on my blog LOL! (http://beckyperry.us/weightloss/?p=218)

I use a low fat English Muffin, Egg Beaters (Walmart brand, usually) and fat free cheese. Works out to be about 140 calories and is quick and filling.

I'm new here, btw and hope to be back.

Becky
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 1/2 cup fiber one original and skim milk, or I may opt for eggbeaters with a little cheese, mushrooms, spinach, tomato,( whatever I can throw in there)and a slice of whole grain bread. I also love the kangaroo pita pockets. The laughing cow cheeses are a fabulous spread. I use about half a wedge on a sandwich or wrap. Good luck sis!