Tall ladies goals !

Options
I'm 5'10 and wondering what other ladies weight loss (or gain) goals are ! I'm currently a size 8 and 159 lbs and I want to be a size 4.

Replies

• angg129
    angg129 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I weigh 162 right now and my goal is 135 or 140. I just want a flat tummy and all the other unnecessary fat off my body
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" my goal was 145, ended up at 137 for my wedding. But with health n dietary restrictions fell a bit lower and am maintaining now 128-133
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8.5" (some Dr's report at 5' 9"). I started at my highest at 265lbs. I am now 193lbs. My goal is 140lbs, though I wouldn't mind being 140 at the Dr's office during the day, so 135 in the morning at home would be amazing for that!
  • PudgyPanda91
    PudgyPanda91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my initial goal is ~175.
    Who knows what'll happen when I get closer.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think I'm going to try to aim for 140ish. For now my goal is 150. Having short term goals keeps me motivated
  • triddering
    Options
    maddipasto wrote: »
    Thanks I think I'm going to try to aim for 140ish. For now my goal is 150. Having short term goals keeps me motivated

It also might depend on your muscle mass. Muscles take up more weight and less volume, so you may weigh more but a smaller size as you firm muscle.
  • dominiquejohnson2016
    Options
    I'm 6 ft. My weight is 341. I'm trying to reach 160-200. Plus this my first time around with the dieting
  • YaGirlMaddi
    Options
    triddering wrote: »

It also might depend on your muscle mass. Muscles take up more weight and less volume, so you may weigh more but a smaller size as you firm muscle.

Yea I know that. That's also why I'm using short term goals. But I do know that I have fat on me (30%) and trying to cut it to an athletic 24%
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A lot depends on how you hold your weight. If I were you I'd lose weight and lift weights. My maintenance range is 145-50. I'm out of it right now, but in that range I'm a 4 in most brands 6 in others. Weightlifting helps somewhat but diet is going to be key. Good luck.
  • Marlanea_VSG
    Marlanea_VSG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", with a starting weight of 230, and currently maintaining at 135-140...But hoping to add some muscle back in. Oh, and I'm a size 6.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8.5" (some Dr's report at 5' 9"). I started at my highest at 265lbs. I am now 193lbs. My goal is 140lbs, though I wouldn't mind being 140 at the Dr's office during the day, so 135 in the morning at home would be amazing for that!

This jumped out at me - my doctor's scale was 4 lbs. heavier than my home scale recently. I weighed a dumb bell on my scale to make sure it's accurate, and it is. So what gives? Do doctors set their scales higher? I know 4 lbs. isn't a huge deal. (And, yes, my appointment was early in the morning before I'd eaten a thing.)

OP - I am 5'8" and bounce between 139-141 at maintenance.

• YaGirlMaddi
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

This jumped out at me - my doctor's scale was 4 lbs. heavier than my home scale recently. I weighed a dumb bell on my scale to make sure it's accurate, and it is. So what gives? Do doctors set their scales higher? I know 4 lbs. isn't a huge deal. (And, yes, my appointment was early in the morning before I'd eaten a thing.)

I was always told by my gym teachers in high school that those kind of scales at the doctors (where you move that black dial from left to right until it is level) can easily be off and not calibrated
  • mraq93
    mraq93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I'm currently 175. My goal is 160. I used to be 155 before this baby and it was too difficult to maintain.
  • triddering
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

I was always told by my gym teachers in high school that those kind of scales at the doctors (where you move that black dial from left to right until it is level) can easily be off and not calibrated

When I weigh myself at home, it's first thing in the morning, no clothes. At the Dr's office, it will be with clothes on (God forbid otherwise), generally after breakfast, water, etc. That will easily add to about 4 lbs for me :)

The scales now at the Dr's office around digital large platform scales, at least for mine, I would trust the calibration there more now.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, CW 179.

I'd be happy anywhere from 159-163.