What's the best (calorie wise) drinks to get at a bar??

Options

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Club soda & lime. 0 cals. LOL
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you drink alcohol but not anything carbonated, try just doing shots (of rum) and drink water between shots. This has the pleasant side effect of helping your hangover and keeping you hydrated through the night.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I drink whisky and soda :)
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Water
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke for me

me too. a good strong drink (1.5 ounces of run) and diet coke is only about 100 calories.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke or Jack and Diet Coke are good choices at a normal bar or dive bar. If I'm somewhere fancy with good cocktails, I stick to a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned. Stiff drinks with very little mix ins.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    If you drink alcohol but not anything carbonated, try just doing shots (of rum) and drink water between shots. This has the pleasant side effect of helping your hangover and keeping you hydrated through the night.

solid advice
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I drink whisky and soda :)

girl after my own heart LOLOLOL
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like coffee brandy and milk but it isnt called "fat *kitten* in a glass" for nothing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I like coffee brandy and milk but it isnt called "fat *kitten* in a glass" for nothing.

sounds like the coffee, Kahlua and heavy cream i enjoyed over the holidays LOLOLOL
  • TheRunningman1985
    TheRunningman1985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Water with ice
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Drinking while dieting is one of the hidden benefits. Fasted drinking will get you buzzed with a quickness. I had an 8 month period where I was going on an average of 3-4 dates a week which meant a ton of drinking. I just deducted the calories from the next day and it worked out fine.
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink whiskey, water & slice lemon or lime. plus a large water to sip on too. Liquor has about 100 calories per 1.5 oz so I try to not drink more than 4. I work out too on days I know I'll be drinking
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A skinny Margarita will only have calories from the tequila. Most bars can make that. You can also ask if they can anything else "skinny". Or diet Coke with rum. I actually like diet Coke with Hennessy
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    martini's are only 135 calories. plus they are just so freekin good!
  • karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Water
  • TrixieBermuda
    TrixieBermuda Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Billy323 wrote: »
    Drinking while dieting is one of the hidden benefits. Fasted drinking will get you buzzed with a quickness. I had an 8 month period where I was going on an average of 3-4 dates a week which meant a ton of drinking. I just deducted the calories from the next day and it worked out fine.
    3-4 dates a week?! Are you Casanova?! Lol
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    A skinny Margarita will only have calories from the tequila. Most bars can make that. You can also ask if they can anything else "skinny". Or diet Coke with rum. I actually like diet Coke with Hennessy

Around here, a "skinny Margarita" is tequila, orange liquor (cointreau, grand marnier, or triplesec) and lime juice. It's fewer calories than sweet mix or that agave nectar sh*#, but the orange liquor adds ~95 kcal/oz. Fresh lime juice adds <10.
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You can actually buy the skinny mix in the store. It's the same Margarita mix but it says Lite. It's actually 0 calories. Doesn't taste quite as good as the regular one, but I add lemon juice and Truvia and that adds a stronger taste. Once at Chili's I ordered a skinny Margarita and it tasted really good.