Night shift working

Options
bod1973
bod1973 Posts: 2 Member
Any tips on night shift eating I start at 18.00 so have a normal meal at 16.00 with the family at 22.00 I have a whole meal wrap and come 02.00 main break I'm starving and need another full meal we finish at 06.00 and I'm in bed til 14.00 so I'm having a full meal at 16.00 with my family which really is my breakfast

Replies

• StuJ77
    StuJ77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Night shift sucks! I start at 22:00. I wake at 16:00 have a meal with my family at 17:00. I have lunch at midnight and breakfast at 5:30 am. In bed by 10. I'm always hungry!
  • glohighway
    glohighway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im going to have issues with shift work aswell, this is going to be new to me. But all I can do is my beat i guess
  • kimmy802
    kimmy802 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have this struggle too! I eat light at 1600(veggies/fruits/salads). Then I eat a "lunch" at work at approx. 2300-0100. This is my heaviest meal. Then when I get home I eat another light morning meal of a salad or yogurt or oatmeal or fruit at 0800. Try something like that.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do pretty well with the night shift and eating. I eat a normal meal (700-1000 calories) a couple hours before work and then fast until I get home. Then I will eat some oatmeal or go to the diner and get some breakfast with my remaining calories. Sometimes i take snacks like chex mix or beef jerky and only eat it if I've been "starving" for a couple hours amd have more to go.

I like the setup
    I have issues on my days off though. Its hard to stay up all night and not want to eat. I need to work on plans around this when I actually get days off again.
  • bod1973
    bod1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cheers all for the replies
  • kamcclary
    kamcclary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been working night shift for many moons and it is a delicate balancing act. I try to eat my heaviest meal right at the start of my shift and have salad, fruit or a protein shake during my "dinner break".