Experience with Mortons Neuroma

Options
I have burning after dancing for four hours or so (right foot). I was told it is Mortons Neroma. I have a hunch if I lose weight it will go away. HAS ANYONE HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH THIS CONDITION and it went away with weight loss.

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I am relatively close to goal weight. I have problems with it. It has increased with impact from certain exercises.
  • dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Impact? How can we exercise with no impact? I have a morton's neuroma on my right foot. I want to run again. :(
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    You dance for 4 hours and then get the burning or your dance and then it burns for four hours?
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So, I have one of these and there are a couple of things you can do. It really helps to make sure you have shoes that are very wide in the box so that they don't pinch the sides of the feet in and increase the rubbing on the neuroma. The podiatrist can also give you a steroid injection that works for about 6 months but they are only allowed to do that 2 or 3 times. After that, it usually requires surgery. I don't think weight loss makes too much difference because it's not the pressure down on the neuroma but from the sides. But, I'm no doctor so you might want to get it checked out. :)
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do elliptical when I am having issues with things hurting me. It helps you heal when healing.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Weight will have no effect it's a growth on a nerve I'm on waiting list to have mine cut out I haven't been able to run now for 18 months and haven't been able to walk dogs for 6 months, mine hurts and clicks which is very very painful, if it's a burn it could be a bursa which can be shrunk with cortisone injections...go get it checked out and find out exactly what it is :)
  • summerkissed
    Options
    They are permanent and won't go away on there own no matter what you do....sorry :(
  • summerkissed
    Options
    I also only have one pair of men's boots that I've had for years, thongs or bare feet I can't wear anything else on my foot. I weightlift in bare feet also but I use my home gym so I can do that I have to constantly adjust my foot position to stop the click of the nerve! Only cardio I do is plyometrics for 5 mins and it hurts a lot but I just tell myself it's only 5min just get in get it done and then relief......I can't wait to get the nerve removed from my foot I miss walking and running actually I miss just being able to walk without thinking about how I'm going to put my foot down on every step!