Healthy Snacks??

I need tons of help with finding quick and easy HEALTHY snacks! Any help?

Replies

• iShineBright_27
    iShineBright_27 Posts: 29 Member
    • Cottage cheese with berries/ granola/ honey
    • Yogurt ( I prefer carbmaster because its low in fat and carbs but high in protein)
    • Cucumbers and fruit
    • Protein shake (Meal replacement)
    • English Muffin (If it fits in your macros)
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Protein pancake; cantaloupe and cottage cheese; protein shake; a few apple slices and cheddar cheese;
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    I think it depends on what your routine is. For me, I work approx 9am-7pm M-F, so I know that in addition to lunch, I need to bring 1-2 snack items to work. I keep 100 calorie snack packs in my office of popcorn, cookies, trail mix, etc. for times when I forget to bring snacks (and also to share with coworkers). In the morning, I try to remember to bring my healthy snacks, which usually consist of 1 or 2 of the following:

--Baby carrots with light ranch (both pre-packaged from the grocery so I know my calorie intake)
    --Mixed berries (on the weekends I weigh out and package individual portions for the week)
    --Dried fruit (either pre-packaged from grocery or weighed and portioned myself)
    --Small/medium size apple

If you are more on the go than I am (not sitting in an office for 8-10 hours a day), then keeping protein or granola bars, dried fruit, or 100 calorie snack packs in your purse or car or wherever might be a good option. Just make sure to keep an eye on the nutrition labels of pre-packaged/non-fresh items - sometimes calories are super high or there is a lot of sugar.

I find it easiest to portion and package my snacks on Sunday night for the entire week, that way I can just grab and go when I leave for work in the morning. It only take about 30 minutes to weigh out and package fruit, nuts, etc. and I have snacks for the whole week and no excuses for unhealthy snacks!
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    I try not to snack too much, I just make my meals a little bigger than I would if I was. However, here are my ideas, even if I don't use them:

Banana coins or apple slices with almond butter
    An ounce of your favorite cereal or granola
    A fruit and nut bar such as Kind or Larabar
    Some homemade fruit or vegetable chips or fries (potato, sweet potato, plantain, kale, apple, etc.)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Some of my go-to snacks are: string cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Clif bar, apple, strawberries, applesauce, banana, trail mix, etc.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    What do you mean by healthy?
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Edamame, cottage cheese with fruit, roasted chickpeas, unsalted nuts, hard boiled eggs, apple with peanut butter