Getting fit for my 40th bday

Options
so I hate that I am turning 40 but I want to look the best I can for the big day. I have until July to lose 25 pounds Here I go

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    you can do it (feel better at 40). I started my journey at 39.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I started mine at 38, I almost hit the goal weight by 40. (100+ pounds lost) Had the most fun that year! You can do it!
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 40 in December and have 47lbs to lose.
  • CntryGirl78
    CntryGirl78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've got 20-25 to lose by June! Taking the family to Hawaii!!
  • hmfishy
    hmfishy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I am 40 in December. ... my goal is a pound a week; I'll be pre-baby weight and 52 pounds from where I am now! :) all the best!
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. 40 in June. Lots to lose.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fab, go for it. The bonus of aiming for that one day is that you'll feel and look healthier for much longer. I have a friend who has more of a "we're getting old now, I feel old, I look old" negative vibe. That was her when we turned 30! (I'm 33 now) I'm totally fine with my age - after all, that's just how many years have gone by since I was born. If I feel down about how I look and feel it's up to me to make those changes. So that's what I'm doing. This particular friend dresses older, gets down about her weight but only ever does Weight Watchers or Slimming World and never exercises so makes herself miserable with no butter on her potatoes.

I want to look hot in July. Looking back over photos from 2015 it struck me that I'd spent so much time thinking "I want to be thinner by..." or having to wear different outfits to ones I'd planned because I'd put on weight. I'm fed up of wishing my life away! So although I want to look awesome in the summer I know I've got to do this thing day by day, week by week and just flipping keep on at it!

Seven months is plenty of time to lose that weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
  • skinnymusicteacher
    skinnymusicteacher Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am about 17 months from 40. I feel ya - it feels like a big milestone and I'd love to face it feeling fit and strong. Long ago when I turned 30 I was in the best shape of my life. It would be great to go into the new decade with a reprise of that confidence.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm in better shape at almost 42 than I was at 22 Good Luck on your Quest
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I decided to try and lose 40lbs around my 40th, and was shocked to realise that would still leave me overweight. I lost the 40 and then another 30. I have kept it off. I feel so much better at 45 than 35. It's so worth it. Good luck.