Embarassing that these are NSVs but here ya go....

Options
PNWriter
PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
List of NSV's since losing 41 lbs. Why do I think they're embarassing? They're very simple daily activites that I didn't realize were impeded by my weight until I realized how easy they are now to do. Here's the list:

1. I don't have to hold my breath and reach between my legs, leaning one direction or the other, to tie my shoes.
2. I can put a pillowcase on my king size pillow without wrestling it to the death
3. I pick up my daughter and realize she weighs about as much as I've lost.
4. I can bend over to pull weeds without feeling my heart beat in my temples.
5. I no longer teeter when I start to walk after sitting down for a long time.
6. I no longer am worried about my hip catching the lid of my drink at the movies.
7. I no longer wear clothes that begin with the #2.
8. I can walk away from most food without getting angry about it.
9. I haven't used my inhaler in months.
10. I can sit "criss cross applesauce".
11. I don't have to do the double butt bounce to get myself off the couch.
12. I don't have to use my arms to get off the couch.
13. I don't spend as much time on the couch.
14. My knees do not crackle as loudly as they used to when I go down a flight of stairs.
15. I can walk up a flight of stairs rather quickly with minimal effort.
16. I actually get cold in an ice hockey arena.
17. I no longer snore.
18. My blood pressure is down from 165/95 to 120/85.
19. My BMI is down from 49% to 38.9%.
20. I no longer arrive at a restaurant before everyone to insure I get a table instead of a booth.

What about you?

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    THOSE ARE AMAZING NSV'S. Way to go!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs!! I just remembered that a few days ago! Now, I constantly cross my legs whenever I sit.

Great job on your NSVs!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats.....those are major accomplishments :)

For me, I no longer wear double digit clothing and I can fit my old jewelry again.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1. i only have 1 chin!!!!!!!!
    2. i fit in a size SMALL shirt
    3. i don't snore
    4. when people look at me i know its because i'm hot not because i'm chubby!!
    5. i can shop in the regular size jean area
    6. i don't hate myself after eating... and on that note... i don't eat alone anymore!

this is a great post! thanks!
  • michelleengland13
    michelleengland13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is great! Those NSV are the best. The little things only you notice, those are the ones that meant the most to me!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are all things that are slowly not becoming problems for me either.

Way to go!
  • hannahbaby417
    Options
    Congratulations! Those were amazing NSVs. Keep up the amazing work : )
  • Forensi
    Forensi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome NSV's. They'll keep coming too the further along this journey you go, keep going!!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    There are so many. I have lost 130 pounds and have had many NSVs, the most recent one I noticed is that a regular bath towel fits all the way around me and covers my body...don't have to use the bath sheet anymore to do that :)

Your list is great and I think these are the things that really matter in the end.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best NSV yet!!! And wow to #18 (blood pressure) that is FANTASTIC!!
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My first one when I was doing WW five years ago was that my underwear were falling down inside of my pants and instead of bunching up they were bunching way down low. That resulted in an "emergency underpants run" one vacation.:blushing:
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    1) It does not ruin my day to go into fitting room
    2) I do not have to worry about going to theme parks and rides
    3) No one asks me if I am pregnant
    4) I do not photoshop my pics so my friends on FB will think I am thin
    5) My husband is always telling to put my clothes on because I like being naked
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Those are wonderful NSVs, I hope you are proud of yourself, because I am proud of you! I cant wait until I have lost as much as you have :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC WORK!
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Those are GREAT NSVs! Good job to you! I get excited about those kinds of achievements as well!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    1: i swim i my medium work shirts, and don't even think about putting on a large (men's)
    2: my size 11 jeans no longer need to be buttoned or unbuttoned to take them off or put them on.
    3: i can feel my ribs in my sides and upper tummy
    4: my boss can fit between me and the oven at work when i'm at the end of the make line (i've said this like 8 times today but in case you don't know i work at papa johns)

&&

5: when i wear skirts or shorts my legs don't rub together and get all raw and chaffed.
  • nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i literally just told my finacee tonight that i was happy with my weightloss because now i can cross my legs when sitting and my leg stays and it doesnt hurt! seems stupid, but it is just amazing to me!
  • TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    List of NSV's since losing 41 lbs. Why do I think they're embarassing? They're very simple daily activites that I didn't realize were impeded by my weight until I realized how easy they are now to do. Here's the list:

1. I don't have to hold my breath and reach between my legs, leaning one direction or the other, to tie my shoes.
    2. I can put a pillowcase on my king size pillow without wrestling it to the death
    3. I pick up my daughter and realize she weighs about as much as I've lost.
    4. I can bend over to pull weeds without feeling my heart beat in my temples.
    5. I no longer teeter when I start to walk after sitting down for a long time.
    6. I no longer am worried about my hip catching the lid of my drink at the movies.
    7. I no longer wear clothes that begin with the #2.
    8. I can walk away from most food without getting angry about it.
    9. I haven't used my inhaler in months.
    10. I can sit "criss cross applesauce".
    11. I don't have to do the double butt bounce to get myself off the couch.
    12. I don't have to use my arms to get off the couch.
    13. I don't spend as much time on the couch.
    14. My knees do not crackle as loudly as they used to when I go down a flight of stairs.
    15. I can walk up a flight of stairs rather quickly with minimal effort.
    16. I actually get cold in an ice hockey arena.
    17. I no longer snore.
    18. My blood pressure is down from 165/95 to 120/85.
    19. My BMI is down from 49% to 38.9%.
    20. I no longer arrive at a restaurant before everyone to insure I get a table instead of a booth.

What about you?

AWESOME JOB!!!!!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Those are alll wonderful! I'm on my way to atleast some of them I hope :) congratulations!
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OK-I have to LOL about the double butt bounce getting off the couch! It's so true though - I will try to remember when that happens to me!

Great accomplishments and awesome list!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!