Not Feeling Full

Options
jcch00
jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
I am in maintenance and over the past 1-2 weeks I cannot seem to feel full after I eat. I am drinking 120-140 oz. of water daily and eat LOTS of cheeses and protein. I consume between 1500-1700 calories during the week and a little more (probably closer to 2000) over the weekend. No matter what I do however I don't feel satisfied. Logically I know I have eaten enough, but I only want to eat more. It's getting really annoying. Does anyone know why this is happening? Will it go away?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    eat some cucumbers thats what I used to do when I was starving...I guess they have fiber and fill you up
  • u2girl612
    u2girl612 Posts: 1
    Options
    Beans are very filling for me.... Black beans with a sauteed onion is delicious! Also hummus on a celery stick works wonders for fighting off the cravings....
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    How about adding a protein with added fiber drink during the day as a snack? That did the trick for me.....
  • Heraci
    Heraci Posts: 23
    Options
    I always feel the same way. I'm staying in maintenance mode, so I'm trying to get my exact calories and I'm always hungry. I've been that way for a long time, so it might just be a personal thing that you and I are going through. I would say as long as you are healthy and not hurting yourself by not eating enough, just keep it up. You know how much you need to eat in order to be healthy, so go with it. Just because you feel hungry doesn't mean you actually have to eat.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How many meals do you eat in a day?

I consume 3000 calories/day in 6 meals, spread out between:

Breakfast
    Mid-Morning
    Lunch
    Afternoon
    Dinner
    Evening

I feel less hungry throughout the day. I notice the hunger on the weekends (my days off) because it's harder for me to eat 6 times a day....
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Beans are very filling for me.... Black beans with a sauteed onion is delicious! Also hummus on a celery stick works wonders for fighting off the cravings....

I ABSOLUTELY agree and it's SOOOO good for you!!!!
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    heard about something called konjac root fiber or glucomann. FROM DR OZ. also try no calorie sobe noodles they fill you up.
    I have the same problem i think it is just hormones fluctuating until they get regulated . good luck
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like to have a big dinner. One that really fills me up. I just sort of graze throughout the day, eating enough to not feel hungry but never really feeling full either. Then I exercise and then eat a big dinner. It's usually pretty late by the time I eat dinner, but this works best for me because I like that full feeling.