Question for everyone that may know

so what do you do on the day you feel so tired, so you half workout and don't have any energy to do anything?

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    I usually call that a rest day and don't exceed my calorie goal. It's basically my Sunday.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I pat myself on the back for doing a half workout. Not all workout days are good ones. At least you did something! That's much better than doing what many people do when they're tired, which is to go back to sleep.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    If you're just starting out, take a rest day when you feel so tired that you can not finish workout. It is much more beneficial for you to rest, then to injure yourself.
    If you're not a beginner adjust your workout to how good you feel.
    Never feel bad to take a rest day, or to lower your intensity. Just listen to your body :)
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Listen to your body and rest.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    If I'm just tired, I'll go for a walk.

If I'm really genuinely exhausted, I'll take a nap.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Rest. I only did half of my walk today because I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't sleep well last night and I was tired and it was cold and I just didn't feel that good. I was proud of myself for walking some and I just made sure I stayed under my calorie goal. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day.
  • talliacertain
    talliacertain Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone!!!! Everyone's advice was awesome, while I'm looking for an energy cure the real cure is rest
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    That is a burn out so listen to your body & have a rest day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    If I listened to my body telling me I was too tired half way through my work outs I'd never complete any. I just shout at myself to get it done. I really do shout at myself to "Suck it up Princess!"

• massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    GsKiki wrote: »
    If you're just starting out, take a rest day when you feel so tired that you can not finish workout. It is much more beneficial for you to rest, then to injure yourself.
    If you're not a beginner adjust your workout to how good you feel.
    Never feel bad to take a rest day, or to lower your intensity. Just listen to your body :)

Good Advice, I need to pay attention to my body.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    At least you worked out a little bit. The great thing about MFP is it calculates your calorie goal to lose weight even if you don't exercise. Stay within that number and you'll be fine. One missed day of exercise won't kill you. Just don't let it become a habit.