What should my weight be?

Options
im female, 23, 5'5", no health problems, I want to be lean and body fat percent between 19% -22%

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    125 lbs
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There is no exact anwer because you can have 19-22% bodyfat at a lot of different weights. For example, I'm 5'5" and roughly 23% bodyfat but I am also pushing 160lbs because I have a significant amount of muscle. You could also be 125lbs (like @carrieous suggested) and be within your ideal range of bodyfat too.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    When your happy with your weight?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh now, and what is your BF%?
    If you are within a normal bodyweight you may have better results by starting a progressive, compound lifting programme while eating at maintenance or just above. A higher protein intake would help too.

Cheers, h.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Google the height and weight chart, then you will have a range for your height, weight and age
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are many websites and resources that'll be able to calculate your 'ideal weight' based on your frame size, height, yada yada yada. I used to go by these to determine what my 'ultimate goal weight' should be. Because I'm short, I technically should be around 105-110 lbs to be 'perfect'. I'm around 119 - pretty far off the 'perfect' mark and you know what? Whatever.

Also - many of these 'calculations' will vary tremendously from site to site, not to mention your scale is going to dance around all the over place due to normal fluctuations. (I only have to LOOK at cheesecake and I've gained 2lbs ;)). My opinion? The best tool for you is your mirror. Start a progressive strength based work-out routine if you can as this will certainly help the process.

There are some girls I know that weigh 120 lbs and have little belly pouches and love-handles still (Yes.. I mean ME!) and there are friends of mine that weigh the same but lift heavy and regularly and look at least 10-15 lbs 'lighter' than me. Mirror is best :)