Exercise calories

Options
I have a fitbit, and I have it linked to my fitness pal. I just got done working out, and burned 400 calories (according to fitbit ) but it's not showing up in my exercise calories on here. Do I need to manually add them or leave it alone? Thanks!

Replies

• PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Apparently there are syncing issues at the moment. I've done around 10k steps today but it's only registering as 6100...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    yep. Fitbit hasn't been syncing properly for a couple of days. I feel bad for all the new fitbit users freaking out that they've done something wrong with the linking up of their devices.
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My exercise calories from fitbit haven't been syncing to the app for the past few days either.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Syncing between MFP and Fitbit has been suspended for now - see here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2272192-fitbit-sync-delay-1-4-16

Issues like this are usually resolved same day but sometimes persist for a few days. I'll be using Fitbit to determine how many calories I should eat, leaving ~100 or so extra, though I'll be logging food here. Might have to do some math on my own, but eh, that's fine :).

~Lyssa
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Ahhh..ok:) Makes sense..Thank you!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I believe the FitBit syncing issue has been resolved today, or at least mine is finally syncing. I was very frustrated last night having just under 10k steps but MFP only registering about 2k!
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Yup, looks like it has. Thank you very much!