New to trying to get healthy and need friends

Options
I have recently found out if I don't start changing my lifestyle then I am headed towards an early grave. I already have high blood pressure, my cholesterol is high, and I might be prediabetic. I have recently turned 35 and am in my last semester in nursing. I want to change but don't have a lot of self motivation. I need friends who will help me with motivation and advice.

Replies

• JohnK580
    JohnK580 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You can do this.
  • DMHouston
    DMHouston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the doctor in over a year because I don't want to hear what could be wrong. Fear has ruled too much of my life, I'm now taking it back!!!
  • Natasha8890
    Natasha8890 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy to motivate!
  • coberdove2012
    coberdove2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and would love to support and be supported. Would love to connect. P.s the picture is me about 13 years ago! It's my motivation!
  • Fireft59
    Fireft59 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    After more than 40 years of struggling with my weight and emotional eating, I have found the magic bullet, the formula for my best mental and physical health. Here's the thing: it's really, really, really hard. Eliminate grains, dairy, legumes, sugar, and alcohol from the diet. The weight falls off, my energy soars, sleep is great, and all those little aches and pains disappear. It's called the Whole 30 and I did it last January with great results. In February, I told myself I would add back only alcohol. (ha-ha) It's a slippery slope and alcohol is a hell of a lubricant. I'm back on this January and it's not nearly as hard this time and I'm hoping I can do better after January, which is why I joined this site. The more support, the better. :smiley: