Looking for Detox drinks

Options
gtshop97
gtshop97 Posts: 2 Member
I know drinking water is good but I would like to try a drinking detox. I've seen a few here and there on the internet but decided to come here to see if y'all had any that worked?

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    What are you detoxing?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No such thing, hon. Any drink which says it is a 'detox' and isn't administered under a controlled environment by a medical team in response to extreme drug or alcohol use doesn't detox a thing. Your liver and kidneys (along with lungs, skin etc) detox you. If they aren't doing their job, you need a doctor, not a detox.

Add stuff to your water if you like it, and it tastes good.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No such thing, hon. Any drink which says it is a 'detox' and isn't administered under a controlled environment by a medical team in response to extreme drug or alcohol use doesn't detox a thing. Your liver and kidneys (along with lungs, skin etc) detox you. If they aren't doing their job, you need a doctor, not a detox.

Add stuff to your water if you like it, and it tastes good.

^^ This.

You're already doing it right. Water is the best cleansing agent you can drink since your body requires it to filter everything properly through your liver and kidneys. Anything else is woo :)
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    This one has always been fairly effective at detoxing for me:

e2o8s2nto6a0.jpg

• cindyhdz6
    cindyhdz6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    look up jillian micheals detox, its for water weight...
  • CAgirl_InMA
    CAgirl_InMA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Won't happen because there's no such thing. It's a marketing ploy for the diet industry to make money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sandyp1266
    Sandyp1266 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gtshop97 wrote: »
    I know drinking water is good but I would like to try a drinking detox. I've seen a few here and there on the internet but decided to come here to see if y'all had any that worked?

• Sandyp1266
    Sandyp1266 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For Detox my family and I are doing the mean green juicing for about 5 days and so far it's been pretty good for us going on our 3rd day.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    just drink water and you will be fine
    nothing else to search for
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Sandyp1266 wrote: »
    For Detox my family and I are doing the mean green juicing for about 5 days and so far it's been pretty good for us going on our 3rd day.

Your body doesn't need a detox period.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Sandyp1266 wrote: »
    Why? "Detoxes" are just fitness myths. You drop a few pounds of water, but that's just about it.
    If there were actual "toxins" in your blood and cells, you'd need to go to a poison center or get immediate medical help and not try to get rid of them by drinking a concoction of vegetables and fruits.
    The truth is, there are no "toxins" in food or drink that the kidney and liver can't handle on their own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are fads--next..........