Gaining a new support network!

Options
I have been up and down all my life with weight. I can look at all my struggles in life that I can use as excuses. I now have anexity as a medical issue. I panic if I an not eating. I get the starving feeling along with wanting to puke. The doctor is trying to manage the anexity, but the symptoms are still there. I have gained alot of weight over the last 2 years. I need to get it off. ..cuz it is making me depressed. ..gotta love the cycle. Would love to have support as I struggle with my feelings

Replies

• joykidmama
    joykidmama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was starting to feel anxious at random times then had my hormones checked and they were way outta whack. I have since started bio identical hormone creams and am finding the anxiety and hopelessness lifting. The fatigue I had been experiencing is also starting to lift so I have been able to start working out some. Don't know if this is relevant to you or not. I am 35 years old and thought I was too young for peri menopause, but after testing, it was confirmed.
  • kaanelalani
    kaanelalani Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been going through menopause as well, I started really noticing symptoms around 37. I have the hormones in check. I do suffer lots of fatigue but I can power through that. The extra weight does not help the fatigue...what really sucks is the weight doesn't fall off like it use to. I can gain 5lbs in a day and it takes a week or more to take it off...then I just get discouraged...
  • lisax037
    lisax037 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I can defiantly relate to both of you. I'm 43 and my feel so down about my weight. It has been up and down for years but now at my heaviest. I too have been having quite bad hot flushes which I guess are pre-menopausal. I know if I can shift this weight it will give me more confidence with doing something with my life. Just been given a Fitbit do Xmas and its best thing so far. Starting walking a lot more and going to gym and also started being honest with myself and writing down what I eat (hence on here) chuffed to beans as lost 3lbs so far. Still hell of a long way to go though! X
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies... Just thought I pop in and join the discussion. I am 41 and I'm in the midst of "The Change". I've noticed the weight gain (especially over the holidays), my work schedule has been crazy and I haven't been able to work out like I was before - The entire month of December was very stressful with work and my dad being in the hospital. But I'm not experiencing the depression - I'm dealing with RIDICULOUS ** HOT** FLASHES ** - and I mean crazy hot flashes. And some anxiety/irritability but that's about it so far.

I've started reading up on and using essential oils - my sister-in-law is big into using them so we'll see if some of the "potions" help. :)

I also got a step counter for Christmas... A Samsung Gear Watch - very cool. I do feel better now that I'm working out again... I think that has been the best medicine for me so far. <3
  • kaanelalani
    kaanelalani Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I use to freeze if the house was at 68 degrees..now I sweat..Lol. I have my office very cold at work, no likes to visit me. I think the year i turned 40 was the worst year ever....it seemed like everything changed. But I feel now its time to stop the excuses and get my life back in my control. I know that when I exercise 45 mins a day I still gained wt ... So I am going to log and calorie count. It is an eye opener as to how many empty calories you eat a day. I eat more raw fruit and veggies that's for sure. The only goal i am setting for my self is to log after every meal..but mostly before I eat and be accountable for everything I put in my mouth. And say NO!