weight loss v healthy habits

Options
For for long run not for pure vanity, for health not for skinny jeans. I read something not long ago of "healthy is the new skinny".
I love it!
If all this fuss is about looking good to yourself or your partner then, rethink self esteem or of your other really loves you for you. Something to think about.
Yes I am plump...but I quit smoking, have a great job though sedentary, not a lot of time for excersize...working on that with Yoga and toward a min of 3 days tredmill/oliptical for toning lost muscle. Bottom line is I eat somewhat healthy...keeping track of foods do and donts...and when I make a bad choice...chocolate....I'm OK with that. I'm not a train and I'm not a roller coaster no tracks to jump back on. ;)
be healthy, be happy. God bless

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I also quit smoking, its been a week now, congrats on quitting! I do want to lose weight but I have just started my journey to better health and have to realize it will take time for the weight to come off. I need to focus on getting healthier....immediate goal is recovering from bronchitis, keep off cigs, stay away from soda, and fast food. That's a lot right now and that's ok. I will work in exercise when I am ready. Better health to me is more than just my weight or clothes size, its feeling less pain in my joints, gaining more flexibility, falling asleep faster and sleeping better, better bathroom trips, healing from injuries more quickly. There is so many markers to think about, not just the numbers.

Great post!
  • gettingittogether15
    Options
    Great post! Health should totally supersede a number on the scale or a clothing size! Congrats on quitting smoking!!