Fitbit that looks good?

Options
dwulet130
dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
I'm new to this whole "exercise" thing and I'd like a way to track my exercise, etc. But all the watches/fitbits sold online are either really ugly or would look ridiculous on my tiny wrists.

Are there any options for women who like understated jewelry?

Replies

• Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Actually Fitbit small isn't bad at all, especially you have to wear it high enough, no one would see it as its hides under sleeve :)e73bjkvtdt80.jpg

PS - mine is large, as small one wouldn't fit around my wrist lol
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think th Fitbit's look very good, I just wanted it for the pedometer part so I got one that goes on my bra, the Fitbit zip. It's very basic, so for more bells and whistles you'll need a different one. Also there's other brands with other styles.
  • Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well if we look that way, non of watches look good, there is Jawbone Up2 witch looks a maybe "stylish" but than who cares, you tracking exercise not partying with it.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My stepmom got a Jawbone that is kind of metallic colored and she prefers that over the Fitbit. Everyone knows what a Fitbit looks like so it's not like they'll think you have bad taste in jewelry, just that you care about your health! I have the plum Fitbit like Chupiite. I've taken it off the one time I've worn a cocktail dress since I got it, but otherwise it looks fine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One, and I just clip it in my bra. No one ever sees it (except hubby :p ).
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There's some really cute jewelry for the Fitbit Flex available...since the tracker comes out of the bracelet on that model, it has the cuter options in my opinion. The bigger Charge is harder to hide (even though that's what I wear with a stack of other bracelets).

http://www.bezelsandbytes.com/shop-1/
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I love jewelry and have hundreds of bracelets, but for my everyday life I do not even pay attention to my Fitbit anymore. I know why I am wearing it and it reminds me to get up and move my butt. When I get to or close to my goal I will maybe wear it less and then I will return to wearing my regular jewelry.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I ultimately chose the fitbit flex over the charge HR mostly because I wanted to be able to wear different color bands. You can find all kinds of cute bands and bracelets for the flex on Amazon for super cheap too.

I really liked this set of 12 different colored polka dots, especially the black w/ white dots. Someone in the reviews called it the "little black dress" of fitbit bands since it looks great with anything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YSBYWQ0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Edit: I see people in the reviews complain about these breaking, but I've had mine for 4 months and have worn the black/white one almost everyday and haven't had any issue. People complain about the original fitbit bands breaking too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    E-Bay has lots of "fitness band bling." Google FitBit Jewelry.

You can cover it up with everything from watch faces to filigree flowers to fake gems.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've got the Charge HR and have it on the same side as my medical ID bracelet. The Samsung watch is classy looking, but I don't want to be that attached/connected to my phone.
  • JNicoleMolly
    JNicoleMolly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are fitbits worth getting/do they help with weight loss? I don't want to waste money on one if they don't work
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Zip and One can both be worn on your bra or pants, so they're not visible.
    Are fitbits worth getting/do they help with weight loss? I don't want to waste money on one if they don't work

It's not going to do the work for you, obviously, but I think it certainly helps. Since the only real exercise I do is walking, it's really easy to see an accurate calorie burn at the end of the day with my Fitbit. Seeing my step count and having goals to reach helps with motivation. At the end of the day, it's a pedometer. What helps you lose weight is making the effort to walk more to burn extra calories, and eating less than you burn. Fitbit makes it easier.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Just like any tool, they only work if you utilise them properly - use the data you gain from it to improve whatever you're doing, or just for it to motivate you to move more. If you get one and don't change anything, you're not going to see any difference from before you bought it.

@kathryndwulet , if you want one of the fancier ones, fitbit has just come out with the fitbit blaze, which you can get customizable bands for and the like.

There's also another one called the Misfit Shine, which can even be worn as a pendant, and is much cheaper than the new fitbit.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit Surge for Christmas, It is very bulky but does amazing things, and I could careless about what others think. They have a new one coming out soon. I saw it on their Facebook page.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I like seeing my data throughout the day/week/month. It has helped me realize how inactive I am at home. I will also add anyone who sends me a friend request, I love the challenges! I also love the seemingly random badge for hitting mile stones, like "you have walked xxx miles, it's the length of Italy/the Great Barrier Reef/etc.

But it's a tool, if you don't utilize the data and/or challenges it's useless. I also suggest really looking at which one meshes with your goals the best. I started with the Zip and wanted to upgrade within a few months.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR - The info you get from the HR side is great too, You can tell if your ill, as your HR changes, I also saw a pattern before flu came on that my body actually had it before I knew I had it, again through your resting HR.....

But for me the fact it shows you up to be a lazy so and so as well can help get you going....

As most have said Its how you use it, but it certainly has helped me to understand more about myself which has then in turn helped me lose weight.....
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Saw pics of a new one called Amazfit. Don't know how great it is... but so pretty.
    1446235280290-P-3354045.jpg
    1446234506358-P-3353871.jpg