What do you like for breakfast

Options
I just need something that prepare the night before or make quick that will be filling.

Replies

• skyperson
    skyperson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with fruit, granola, or honey :)
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    clif bar -filling gets my metabolism going but 21 grams of natural sugar ...
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Overnight oats with protein powder (along with whatever else you'd like to put in it) is super filling for a good while. A ton of people seem to like it, and it was very easy to make, however I really didn't like the taste of it cold. I'm sure you could heat it up, though.

Another good one (for me, at least) is two eggs and some Greek yogurt. Filling and lots of protein. Not necessarily prepped before hand, but I don't really need to prep my yogurt (it's flavored and single serve sizes already) and you can easily boil the eggs days ahead of time.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

egg biscuit casserole
    Servings 9 calories per serving

6 large egg (50g), Egg
    1 cup(s), 100% Liquid Egg Whites
    0.50 cup, Italian Five Cheese
    4 ounce, Off the Block Natural Sharp Cheddar Shredded 28g
    0.50 cup (45 g), Raw, Chopped
    8 biscuit, Correct Homestyle Southern Style Biscuits
    mix everything but biscuits, spray8x8 pan ,put in biscuits pour rest over top and bake 350 til top looks done pulls away from sides
    freezes and also keeps in the fridge 3 or 4 days
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I love pancakes and coffee. But I rarely make pancakes because my family does not care for them that much. I don't often bother to make them just for myself.

I do eat oatmeal most days of the week. It is good, healthy, and perfect to eat on these winter mornings. I add 4 raisins, 6 dried cranberries and 10 small pieces of walnuts. Yumm!

I also eat scrambled eggs at least one morning a week, or once in a while cold cereal with a banana if I am rushed for time.

Always have one cup of coffee, too.

70044776.png
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1)Chocolate chip and apple oatmeal mixed with almond milk and a cut up banana.

Fantastic and only 350 calories.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Egg Muffin Thing. Prep time: 2 minutes.

- toasted whole wheat muffin
    - 1 egg + egg whites, w/ bacon bits mixed in, microwaved
    - slice of lean turkey or ham
    - slice of cheese-like product
    - tsp. of butter-like product

• pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a bowl of Kashi cereal (specifically...the cinnamon crumble one) with a cup of almond milk and a small banana. ~300 calories, 13g protein and 12g fiber. As I don't eat meat or eggs, I find this is a simple breakfast with enough protein and fiber that keeps me full for quite a while.
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of plain oatmeal
    1 cup of water
    mix in a little peanut butter for taste and add a sliced banana.
    make stove top in less than 10 mins.
    Keeps me filled up for hours!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1 slice (toasted) pumpernickel bread with 1 tbsp honey. Coffee, cream (no sugar.)
    GTG for me.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I often don't eat breakfast, but when I do its a baked potato topped with yogurt, salsa, and two eggs. Sometimes I add other things like chicken or an avocado. So delish!
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. These are awesome.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wholewheat cereal with fat free yoghurt - 30 seconds to prepare lol
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of cooked breakfast if it'll fit my planned macros for the day. Couple of bits of grilled bacon, scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast and some beans sets me right up for the day, takes about 15 minutes to cook. It does mean I have to get up 15 minutes earlier to make sure I have time to cook it but when the reward for 15 minutes less sleep is a cooked breakfast it motivates me to get up.
    If you need something quick but filling I do a smoothie when I'm running late, some frozen berries, some oats, scoop of whey isolate and whole milk. Takes 2 minutes, lasts half an hour as it's very thick and filling.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Coffee...and then whatever I want for lunch :wink:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Roughly 1 serving of raisin bran with milk, a single serve Greek yogurt and a coffee with milk and sugar.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Hard boiled egg
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Afour egg omelet with cheese.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    in the winter I make steel cut oats in the crock pot...a batch makes four or five hearty breakfasts. I use almond milk instead of water....more flavor, and some calcium. I love the Jimmy Dean Delights sandwiches. And have you tried banana pancakes? Blend one ripe banana, a quarter cup oats, one egg, one eggwhite, and a little cinnamon, and make pancakes as usual.....yummy.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    3 eggs and oatmeal. Doesn't take more than 5 minutes and a lot of times I cook the eggs the night before and reheat them.