need a push getting started

Options
I used to play volleyball year round, so i had a trainer and was eating right and working out every day but since I've graduated i haven't been going to the gym and have become lazy with what i eat. My biggest problem is because I'm a girl I'm shy when it comes to going to the gym, so some motivation/support to help me work up the courage and confidence to go, would be amazing. I would love to join your group

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I see where you're coming from with going to the gym, I've always hated exercising in front of people. But honestly, the only place motivation can really come from is you. If you really don't want to go to the gym, why not try some home workouts? Fitnessblender has a huge range of great cardio workouts for free on their website, and it'll save you the expense of a gym membership :)

Another idea could be to bring a friend with you? See if you can find someone to come along to workouts with you and try and make it fun
  • nikapika97
    nikapika97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I took your advice and asked my boyfriend to come to the gym with me for the first time and it was a lot of fun. Even tho he is alot stronger than me it was cool to have someone there i knew and could talk too!