56lbs lost... &fitness journey starts! (pictures)

Options
After a long nearly 2 years, I've (slowly, off and on) lost 56lbs through diet, exercise, but also a little from some stomach issues I had.
Now I'm trying to really get in shape and focus on fitness, so that will be a whole new journey in itself. Here is my before and after, looking at it now I never felt like I weighed as much as I did, I never realized how bad it and my health had gotten, I'm glad I made a change before I got older and it got worse. I'm still struggling with some cravings and such, but I can happily say I am so much happier with myself now, and other than the chronic health issues I have such as Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac's disease and Endometrosis along with severe anxiety and depression, I am considered healthy (blood pressure, heart function, organs other than my gallbladder has some sludge).

This is the me I want to be, this is the me I looked for in the mirror every day. I still have insecurities, I think everyone does, but from where I started I can say for the first time I am proud of me. :)

1451857071755_zpsguvvlutw.jpg

Replies

• DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Hope this is a peaceful and joyous year for you. Congratulations on your hard work and awesome results!!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congrats!
  • workin_onit
    workin_onit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Beautiful in *both* pics but you look so much happier in the "after" !! Good for you!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!
  • hithere0711
    hithere0711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! How tall are you?
  • myssjaxson
    myssjaxson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :)
    I am 5'5.

I didn't take proper measurements before I started losing, all I know is my waist was 46in before and it is 34in now. (still wanting to shred a few lbs in the stomach for my own self haha).
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Really great progress! You look super!
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of a great accomplishment! You look wonderful!!
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you for sharing your pics!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful! And I think it's a huge feat that you've accomplished your goals under so many personal challenges. Bravo!
  • Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and healthy! You've done an amazing job, well done.

Oh, and is that Brendan Urie in your display photo??
  • myssjaxson
    Options
    Thank you everyone it means a lot, it was a hard journey but I'm so happy I started it. The last few pounds I lost was from malnourishment (I'm sick often) but I gained most of them back after I started eating again. Now I am hoping to (healthily) lose about 10-15 more pounds (got that little tummy roll going on LOL) and build my health and strength back up. Its safe to say I spent the last 2-3 years laying in bed, no energy to move and no will to want to move anyway. On a personal note, I started SSRI's 6-7+ weeks ago and they've helped so much.

I'm just so excited to feel like I can make it for the first time in so long. Definitely glad I found MFP, I never realized how many calories were in everything I ate haha. My BMI has gone from 34.0 to 24.6. My doctors (all 6 of them, lol) are happy with my condition/weight, so now its time to start lifting cars, bahaha. Maybe start with puppies first, though. :smiley:
  • myssjaxson
    Options
    You look beautiful and healthy! You've done an amazing job, well done.

Oh, and is that Brendan Urie in your display photo??

Haha yes it is! I saw him in Concert last month. Amazing :smiley:
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl keep up the good work
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    You look amazing! I went through the same thing as you! I had to change my diet because I was getting sick. Celiacs is the worst. I tell people I'm unintentionally healthy.
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Inspiring story. :)
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You're strong both inside and out. And so pretty! :)@myssjaxson
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!