195lbs down to 154lbs :) With Pictures

Options
When I first started my journey I had no idea that changing my diet was the thing that would matter most. For a almost 200lbs woman I was able to run well and I enjoyed it, however none of that mattered because of what I ate. I work thirds so I often would eat a lot before I would go to bed in the morning. Soon after I began to have a lot of problems with my digestive track and problems with Acid reflux. My doctors told me to cut out gluten/heavy foods/Acidic foods and drinks. For me this mean't no comfort foods and no soda. Like that my first 20lbs fell off. Soon after I began to run my little heart out. I did a bit of p90x but I never did the full 90 days. After eating better, EX: "Baked Salmon with green beans/ rice..." I kept losing the weight on top of running. I sadly began to plateau though and realized I needed to begin to lift. Now I dont really focus on my actual weight since muscle weights more than fat. I started around april of 2014, so it's been an on going thing, but guess what? That's all it ever is. You'll never be done. You don't want to stop, trust me. Having to start over is the worst. Keep pushing yourself friends, the more you do it the more you'll enjoy it.

itfeumjx1d5f.jpg

5ckmlvp80fna.jpg

yi7k9rp6663q.jpg

dsnyac422xyd.jpg

Replies

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work. Just started my lifting program today! So I really needed to see this tonight because I can barely hold my phone up to type!
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    agzram wrote: »
    You look great! Keep up the good work. Just started my lifting program today! So I really needed to see this tonight because I can barely hold my phone up to type!

It gets better! Just remember that rest days are so important while lifting. I pulled something in my left leg and im put up at the moment because I didn't take rest days.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    150 is my goal! How tall are you? You look amazing! I'm so inspired!
  • ginacurt2003
    ginacurt2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great keep up the great work.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    Jennkies wrote: »
    150 is my goal! How tall are you? You look amazing! I'm so inspired!
    im 5'5. Im short lol.

• Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Your body shape is just like mine so this is really inspiring! Looking at the first photo of you at 158lbs is like looking at myself about 6 years ago!

You look strong and healthy, great job!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! We have similar body types and the weight/height are also similar. This is so inspiring. I love looking at the success stories. Especially when I am feeling like I just keep failing. I know that is all part of the journey! Keep up the great work! You look amazing and I hope you are proud of yourself!! :)@Jennkies
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm 5'5 also and just around 200 lbs. I've already started my weight training but you're right, diet is key. You look beautiful so congrats on your success. Love the pinup hair style btw. =)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!
  • HoneyandtheBee
    HoneyandtheBee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's very inspiring! Great Job!
  • KLJ7786
    KLJ7786 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! Muscle weights the same as fat a pound is a pound no matter what ,people think this because when your building muscle you tend to not see the scale move a lot. That's because your replacing your fat with lean muscle and muscle takes up 30% less space then fat , so Good For You !!!! Your very inspiring keep up the hard work .
  • gaxarlis08
    gaxarlis08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OMG you are gorgeous and look great! Way to go, you are an inspiration!
  • mrssweetpotato
    mrssweetpotato Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jdepouw
    jdepouw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story...this is really inspiring!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nice job, you look fantastic!
  • atitagain85
    atitagain85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look awesome..
    WTF
  • atitagain85
    atitagain85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How long did it take to lose the weight
  • volsen14
    volsen14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are my height and weight. Can't wait to loss. You look great. How long has it taken you? Do you log faithfully? How many calories were you consuming and how much exercise? Keep up the success!
  • stranger2310
    stranger2310 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful, Amelie! I'm currently at the same weight as at your starting weight, with a near-identical goal weight as your CW. Did you use MFP to keep track of what you were eating, or were you just making a conscious effort to stay as healthy as possible?

Thank you for the brilliant inspiration/motivation you'll give to me and others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!