Healthy meals you can freeze then reheat

Options
Hi guys~

I am a university student and find that often if there is not a meal I previously prepared around during the weekdays then I eat junk. Someone suggested to me making a few meals beforehand on Sunday then reheating them... Does anyone have any experience with this? If so does anyone know any good recipes?

Replies

• FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hiya, ive recently learnt the amazingness of a slow cooker! If you dont have one, get one! Make bulk of anything and freeze it! Ive made soup , lamb curry, sausage casserole and lots more, and its all been split into portions and then frozen. The recipe builder on MFP works really well that it divides your whole recipe by how ever many servings you make!

Hope this helps!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I pre cook a lot of different meals.
    Vegetable curry
    Chicken and vegetable casserole
    Yassa chicken

You can make anything you like, just dish up an amount that fits your calories.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You can make so many meals and freeze them. I buy those foil containers with the cardboard lid (like a takeaway) and one of them holds one portion. Just cook the meal like you normally would then portion it out, wait til it cools then put in the freezer. Things like:

Chicken curry
    Casserole
    Chilli
    Soup
    fajitas (all you need to add is the tortilla)
    bolognese

Its time consuming, usually taking me about 4 hours at the weekend but thats me for the whole week!
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can freeze pretty much anything you'd like to eat. I've found some great recipes on Skinny Taste, especially liked the Salisbury steak.