Hello everyone

I have been struggling with weight gain and attempting to lose it so so hard my goal is 20 pounds lol and was curious on some exercises that may help?

Replies

• DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    What's worked for me is cardio and body weight exercises. For cardio I switch it up. One day is treadmill 30 minutes walking / jogging and the other day I do elliptical for 30 min. 6 times a week. What's helped recently is using this app to count calories along with exercise.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,267 Member
    You can do it. I love the good diary for helping me stay within my calorie range. I'm leaning out myself. Add me and let's do it together.
  • I added you and I want to get fit and healthy for my daughter. Because I want to be able to play with her without running out of breath this is my fourth day so far and my knees throb but I still get on the treadmill and do it. And do my sit ups for a flat stomach. I have also gotten to where I eat what I want but keep count of the calories in each portion. I hope to lose at least 20 pounds!
  • FitSpongebob
    FitSpongebob Posts: 315 Member
    Resistance training and hiits for exercise and a calorie deficit, but a controlled amount combined with all your macros will be the way to go. :)
  • Yea I've been keeping everything as low as possible and going that way sometimes it tells me I'm not eating enough but to stay under my goal I can't eat much!
  • FitSpongebob
    Have you calculated the calorie deficit you need to aim for?
    Muscle for life Mike Matthews website has a sweet calculator for sorting out your calorie intake.
  • Yea I have to stay under 1400 to get to 165 pounds
  • FitSpongebob
    1400 is very low, a lot of people's bmr (basal metabolic rate) is that to start with.
    Remember to keep your protein intake at the correct amount so you don't lose muscle mass. The idea is to lose fat not weight.
  • ederby94
    ederby94 Posts: 14 Member
    The first few days is the hardest, in fact the first two weeks is the hardest! But I'm sure you can do it, especially if you're doing it for your daughter. Feel free to add me and we can do it together! I'm doing it for my mum so we're kind of similar!
  • FitSpongebob
    I added you and I want to get fit and healthy for my daughter. Because I want to be able to play with her without running out of breath this is my fourth day so far and my knees throb but I still get on the treadmill and do it. And do my sit ups for a flat stomach. I have also gotten to where I eat what I want but keep count of the calories in each portion. I hope to lose at least 20 pounds!

Sit ups won't give you a flat stomach on its own, in fact temporarily it can make your stomach look bloated and bigger. You gain muscle underneath and the fat on top remains. The best way to a flat stomach is to lose body fat percentage. This cannot be targeted so an overall body fat loss is required.
    I would suggest hiits training if you're on the treadmill. 25mins of hiits. 30 seconds hard then 2 min low for 25 mins is better than 90 mins slogging away on the tread mill. It will save your knees. Recumbent exercise bike would be way better as its low impact.