Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

here we go again....

Hi, I'm 48 and once again want to try and get fit and toned. I've piled on 4 stone over the past four years due to injuries and operations. I was previously fit and a nurse in the army, I came back from Afghan injured and it's taken a while to get my head and body back together.

I'm now feeling positive and want my body back.

I've got 3 stone to lose and have my sons wedding in August, I don't particularly mind being curvy - I'm 5'3 with a big bust!! I would like to be toned though.

I'm back on my bicycle and off road running again and loving life.

I now just need to stop using food and shopping as an emotional crutch.

I have the support of an amazing husband and it's our 30th wedding anniversary and my 50th next year - I'm determined not to wake every morning hating my weight and body next year.

Replies

• john8506
    john8506 Posts: 10 Member
    Here we go again sound like my line. I am 62, married for 38 years and a survivor of prostate cancer. Found MFP a year ago when our children gave my wife and I a garmin version of a fit bit for Christmas. I jumped on the wagon and have lost 20 lbs. stop track food and exercise midway thru the year and now getting back into the habit. Would love to add you to my friends.