Quick/On the go/At work Snacks?

Options
Looking for ideas for a good quick snack I can have at work to fight my mid afternoon hunger. I'm not a fan of protein bars. :)

Replies

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs? I usually boil up a few the night before and take them to work and put them in the fridge. When i get hungry, I just eat one of them. Full of protein and only about 80 calories.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I usually pack fruit (small apple or clementine), nuts, cheese, yogurt, or pretzels in my bag for snacks. Some of these require refrigeration. Bit they're quick for me to get together in the morning and fight my mid-morning and afternoon munchies at the office.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jerky. Keeps well without cold. High protein, low fat. Sodium can be high but if you're otherwise healthy, that shouldn't be a problem.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Are you at a desk or on the move?

Turkey jerky, turkey pepperoni and cheese (a fav of mine!), hard boiled eggs, a piece of fruit..
  • HollyRae
    HollyRae Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm on the move. We often have a break room full of junk food so I really need good snacks that I want and like so I am not tempted to reach for the donuts. I often find myself starving so I really need something satisfying.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of home made granola. Super easy to do and tastes great.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks when 'on the go' are the small tins of flavoured tuna, individual servings of flavoured greek yogurt, and my emergency packs of 'Welch's fruit snacks' that I keep stashed all over so I don't need to stop for an unplanned snack like fries from McDonalds, or a cookie... unless I make the conscious choice to, anyway :D
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of jerky, grapes and cheese, hard boiled eggs, and fruit.
  • banannerbelle
    banannerbelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are so many temptations at work! I try to bring healthier treats to have around and especially on days when I know there will be sweets at work. Fruit, yogurt with peanut butter powder and bananas, granola bars I make myself, nuts. Canned fruit or fruit sauce is a nice treat and keeps forever in the desk drawer, purse, car. I stockpile things in the freezer at work, and I also keep protein powder stashed everywhere- it's great for a few quick calories or to balance out a carby snack. I'm a huge fan of protein bars when I'm really desperate, but I've had to shop around for ones that taste good and work with my eating plan (Pure Protein makes some good ones) :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    nuts, popcorn (make ahead, please LOL), fruit, baggies with measured out chips/ crackers, cheese
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Can buy treats like cereals, dried fruit, dried yogurt pieces, nuts, seeds, etc. Make your own in little tiny sandwich baggies :D

Or do a tiny fruit cup or a low cal filling protein shake (like 100-200 cal)
  • cindybgood
    cindybgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Matcha & honey - high in protein and very filling. The Matcha gives an energy boost to get me through the afternoon:)
  • HollyRae
    HollyRae Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    cindybgood wrote: »
    Greek yogurt with Matcha & honey - high in protein and very filling. The Matcha gives an energy boost to get me through the afternoon:)

Thank you. Something to get me through the afternoon would be great. My plan is to hit the treadmill when I get home from work and picking my 2 yr old up from the sitters (around 5:30pm if my boys don't have evening activities). But usually I'm too starving and exhausted and end up grabbing a junky snack and glass of wine. Then it's time to make dinner, do homework, clean house, etc and no workout is happening. :(