Plus Size Lady looking to LOSE the Pounds!

Options
kllnhllrd
kllnhllrd Posts: 17 Member
Hey everyone! I'm new at MyFitnessPal. I'm looking for a few supportive pals to have with me along this journey. I'm large lady, looking to lose a large number of pounds - by whenever I can. Just taking this day by day. I'll be honest, I've been on the heavy side much of my life and this is the first real long-term fitness plan that I've undertaken. It's a little nerve-wracking and can be a little overwhelming at times to say the least. But my goal is to stick with it... I'm determined. I know I can do it because I've lost weight before. But it's the dieting and starting to eat healthy that's really tough for me. When I was in 8th grade, I lost 30 pounds, which brought be me back down to being healthy to borderline overweight... but that didn't matter... I was so HAPPY and proud of myself. But ever since then, I've just slowly over time continued to gain weight. I'm in college now and I know it's time for a change. Everyone around is telling me to do something about my unhealthy eating habits and no exercising and for a long time I didn't listen. But now I feel that it IS time for a change and that I CAN do it. So, please if you are also new to this and are looking for support, let's be "friends."

Thanks for your time and thanks for reading my story. :smile:

Replies

• Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    You are on the right site to get a lot of motivation and support. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new inspirational friends. :smile:
    Marlys
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

Feel free to add me too! We can motivate eachother!! :D
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!!! Good luck reaching your goals, and feel free to add me if you like. Supportive friends are always an asset! :happy:
  • kllnhllrd
    Options
    Thanks Marlys! Will do!
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    Welcome! I've been there my whole life. Feel free to add me. Its good to be surrounded by motivational people!
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There's a great group of people here.......very supportive!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You made the first step. You know what you have to do and you plan on doing it. That's awesome. There's plenty of us who are willing to be there and give support. The first thing I had to realize is that it can't be a diet. A diet is a fad and it won't last. It must become a lifestyle. It's something that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I'm okay with it. That's why I'm training myself now and making sure I can adjust to it.
  • Michelle1026Lynn
    Options
    Good luck to you! This site is wonderful and has been a real eye opener for me and I've learned so much. I have loved every minute of my journey and I don't feel like I've missed out on a thing. I'm not dieting and exercising, I'm living a new lifestyle. It feels incredible.

I still don't have that many friends on here myself. Feel free to add me. =)
  • kllnhllrd
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You're all so kind! Adding you now!
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the coolest site ever! You're really going to like it. I know I do! I have 120 lbs to lose - let's do it together!

Good luck to you!!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since April and really love it. This website is so helpful and supportive and I KNOW you will find it the same as I do....I have been reading the Message Boards daily and that helps me so much, more than I ever imagined, so I suggest you do that also....and you will find your niche, do not give up, just keep asking for help on here and the community of people will love to help. I also suggest exercise, start out slow, do not make high expectations for yourself, and take baby steps. That is what I have been doing. It takes small victories to make the end result!!! MFP will tell you how many calories you need to eat to reach your goals, that is the easy part, let MFP create your plan. Also, I bought a book that is awesome, it's Jillian Michaels "Unlimited".......very powerful and helpful to conquer your fears and reach your goals. I also do her DVD workouts, they are awesome but you will build up to that in time. Please stay on here and I will be your friend and help in any way I can. Good luck to you sweety :smile:
  • johnmanning
    Options
    I have been on it for ten days and lost 5.7 lbs good luck and bee strong.
  • kllnhllrd
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions and support! :) I love it! I will definitely read the message boards daily! Great idea! I'll also check out that DVD and book!
    Thanks again!

Good luck to everyone here as well!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! Feel free to add me if you would like!! We can do this together!!
  • kllnhllrd
    Options
    Congrats John and thanks!!
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site that helps you stay on track and keep you motivated! I've been using this site since March and find it helps a lot. Feel free to add me to your support group--We've all been there!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP...I am confident you will love this site. There are lots of great people who are here to motivate, support, and encourage you along your journey. Good Luck!
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to be healthy. This site is a great place for support and information. I've struggled with weight my whole life. It's really nice to have a community of people who are in similar boats supporting each other. Add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck as you start your journey..you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • jmuzzio7
    jmuzzio7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, Please feel free to add me as a friend too. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and am really trying to do it right this time. MFP has been an incredible help. I've only been on here a month, but it's really very motivating and the people are great.
  • kllnhllrd
    Options
    THANKS everyone for the outpouring of support! I've never been able to have so much encouragement... it means so much to have people right there beside you. :)