Meal Planning Sunday's!

Options
Who is with me?
Let's share recipes, short cuts, ideas, achievements and failures!
What do you prep, chop, cook in advance?
When do you plan, shop, cook for the week ahead?
I could use the support as well, let's keep each other motivated!

Replies

• kendanault
    kendanault Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can tell you what I did this week for my husband and I. First of all I threw a huge dish of chicken in the oven. In one big pot diced potatoes and the other cauliflower, broccoli and carrots to boil. Since we like to change it up I also there some potatoes and purple yams in the oven and some whole grain rice in the stove. In each tupperwear goes 3 oz of chicken, 1.5 cups of veggies and one cup of starch (mashed potato, rice or baked potatoes/yams). I put tape on the top and write the amount of calories on it.
  • kendanault
    kendanault Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't know why only half of my comment showed up. Anyways, the good thing about this is that I can easily mix it up even further if I want. Sometimes I throw the rice, veggies and chicken in a wok with some sauce for a stir fry or add some chicken broth for a quick soup. The possibilities are endless! Good luck !!
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We are very good at getting home and ordering in because we are too tired. Its expensive and unhealthy!
    So, I plan to prep dinners for the week on Sunday, as well as cook extra to pack lunches for the week.

I think this will be my menu

Grilled Chicken, Quinioa and sauteed Zucchini
    Meat Loaf, Spirilized sweet potatoes and broccoli
    Spinach Orzo Soup
    Zucchini Pasta w/Cauliflower cream sauce
    Turkey Taco Salad

This way on Sunday I can grill up chicken breasts, make enough quinoa for lunches, saute zucchini with shallots, mix the meatloaf, make the soup and pre-portion and freeze some. Chop veggies for snacks for the week or when I get home.

Anyone have easy light crock-pot meals to share?