Water question

Options
Hey all.

I'm currently trying to drink more water as I know its good for you and for cleaning out your system downside is i'm not a huge fan of the taste unless I'm really dehydrated.
As I type this I'm drinking small cups of water but forcing it down and I'm trying to get through #1 1.5L bottle a day (don't know what that is in regards to glass amounts).

My question is when consuming that amount of water in a day do any of you feel bloating and the feeling that at any minute you could throw up because of it? I am and trying to keep it in is making me feel a lil nausea and got one third of the bottle left to drink.

Any advice on how much you drink and effects it has on you appreciated.

Serene x

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Geez, if you hate water that much just choose another no calorie drink. It's all just flavored water and will do the same job.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    I agree with bc above me..there are plenty of alternatives...drink tea or lemonade or something...remember that the healthiest thing is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and if you hate water, you're not going to keep up with it. Personalize the suggestions to your life so that you can keep doing it!
  • EmVar
    EmVar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking other foods or eating carbs with it? I find drinking too much too quickly when I already have quite a full stomach can be a bit bloating, esecially with bready stuff which will just soak it up!

I like to squeeze a couple of wedges of fresh lemon into my water just to take the boringness out of it, plus the lemon is very detoxificating and boosts your metabolism. That seems to help with the bloaty feeling.

Hope that helps
    Em
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Geez, if you hate water that much just choose another no calorie drink. It's all just flavored water and will do the same job.

actually that is incorrect. water is plain water not flavoured water not diet soda not crystal light. the flavoured waters have some sort of sweetener in them which is detrimental to the weight loss.

try spreading it out farther and not drinking so much at each setting. I drink 10-12 80z glasses of PLAIN water a day. I used to never drink water and drank a ton of soda or ice tea. now I drink maybe one diet soda a week if that. I do not miss it. You can also drink the other flavoured waters but it shouldnt count as your water consumption for the day. There is a lot of people that will tell you otherwise but if you google_what is considered water consumption" you will see what the experts say.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    I built up to about 10 8oz glasses a day. I used to only drink Diet Coke. I would reward myself with a diet coke if I drank my 8 oz of water, then I worked my way up to to where I only have a diet Coke maybe once a week. I have learned to prefer water most of the time. Don't FORCE yourself, build up slowly.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Its not that i totally hate water its the bloated feeling I'm experiencing that's making me want to throw up as I feel nausea from it and all I had for lunch was 2 mini corn cobs from kfc.

I agree flavoured water is not the same, what do you think gave it that flavour and sweet taste. That's why I'm making sure I'm drinking enough pure water as its natural and better for you, lemonade and the like are sodas full of sugar so not as good.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

actually that is incorrect. water is plain water not flavoured water not diet soda not crystal light. the flavoured waters have some sort of sweetener in them which is detrimental to the weight loss.

try spreading it out farther and not drinking so much at each setting. I drink 10-12 80z glasses of PLAIN water a day. I used to never drink water and drank a ton of soda or ice tea. now I drink maybe one diet soda a week if that. I do not miss it. You can also drink the other flavoured waters but it shouldnt count as your water consumption for the day. There is a lot of people that will tell you otherwise but if you google_what is considered water consumption" you will see what the experts say.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

No, it's NOT incorrect. Tea, coffee, Crystal Light, even diet sodas, they are all just water with a little flavoring. The point of drinking water, whether flavored or not, is to stay hydrated enough to flush foods through system.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The more you drink water the more your body will thirst for water. Also, I found that with more water I bloat less. Your body will make adjustments.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The more you drink water the more your body will thirst for water. Also, I found that with more water I bloat less. Your body will make adjustments.

I agree with Lorri.... eventually you will thirst for water, and nothing else will quench that thirst. And... the more you drink, the less bloated you will feel. But... build up to it, and drink it slowly if you have to. When I drink too much, too fast, I feel bloated, and I can hear it swishing in my tummy!!!!

I always try to put a few fresh lemon slices in my ice cold water.... it definitely makes it easier to drink, and tastes better!