FINALLY!!! Almost gave up---- 17 days and I lost 3 lbs and several inches!! :)

Options
Hi all!
It's been frustrating and I almost gave up... but I didn't. Hashimotos and Lyme fight against me, but I will win this battle slowly. Today is day 17 and the scale FINALLY moved, but I lost some inches first. Because I've been on Low Carb/High Protein with exercise and weight training!! I went into Ketosis 3 days ago, but my strip was a moderate level tonight and there went the weight this time!!!! It's a small success---but I'll take it. What a way to start my New Year!!! Thank the Lord. :)

Replies

• KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just keep stacking small victories... and then... boom! Keep it up.
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspiration!! :D Little things mean the most. I have a lot of fierce medical issues so it makes it a tougher battle, but I will prevail. Have a Great Day
  • dianetraut
    dianetraut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting my journey today. i too have Lyme disease and hashimotos so i will patiently and persistently fight the battle!
  • rdpio13
    rdpio13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    It's been frustrating and I almost gave up... but I didn't. Hashimotos and Lyme fight against me, but I will win this battle slowly. Today is day 17 and the scale FINALLY moved, but I lost some inches first. Because I've been on Low Carb/High Protein with exercise and weight training!! I went into Ketosis 3 days ago, but my strip was a moderate level tonight and there went the weight this time!!!! It's a small success---but I'll take it. What a way to start my New Year!!! Thank the Lord. :)

Good job.
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Awesome job on working through the lyme disease. I contracted it when I was a kid and was on anitbiotics for over 2 years, its truly terrible and still has lingering effects
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!