Need recpies for a Bridal Shower

Options
suzumichan
suzumichan Posts: 127
Next month my sister is throwing me a bridal shower and she asked me the other day what all do you want to snack on? So far I told her a lot of cauliflower since its my favorite besides strawberries but I don't want just fruits and veggies for everyone else to snack on. So I was wondering what all I can suggest and help make that is High protein and low calorie.

So far we got a Low Calorie Veggie dip, Cauliflower, Celery, Carrots, Strawberries, Blue Berries, Pineapple, Wheat bread with a low calorie spreed w/ cucumber sliced on top with dill sprinkled on top.

What else can we have for drink's besides water, soft drinks (for other guests)?
What else can we eat?

Thank you for the tips!~

(I've already looked at a site called 400caloriesorless.com )

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Iced tea with Splenda, if you wanna go "fancy" you could do sherbet with diet sprite... yum yum! I don't have any suggestions on food.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bruchetta can be good - just make sure to not use too much olive oil. Some sort of meat skewer, with lean meat this would be low calorie and high protein. Maybe have a couple of dipping sauces. Black bean dip.

You could make lemonade for refreshing drink. Or sprite zero, pink lemonade and sherbet in a punch bowl, really refreshing drink!
  • suzumichan
    Options
    Ohhh the sherbet w/ diet sprite sounds good and so does tea I think I'll make some tea when I get home today :smile:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going through a Hungry Girl book. Lisa Lillien has some 'party' foods in there like veggie wheels and a seven layer dip. I'm sure there's more, but all of them are low in calories and you can eat more than just a bite. Check out her website hungry-girl.com or maybe check a book out at the library. I don't think you'll be upset. They have chocolate and other sweets too.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have TONS of recipes!

Check out my blog: http://momvsfood.blogspot.com
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Little sandwiches!! With mixed breads. Cut them in 1/4s and add healthy fillers.
  • dmjinx
    dmjinx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

8 oz. Fat Free Cool Whip
    2-3 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter
    2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

Line muffin pans with mini liners. with spoon, mix cool whip and peanut butter until well combined. Spoon even portions into muffin liners.

Top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. Freeze 6-8 hours until frozen.

55 Calories each
  • suzumichan
    Options
    I do love peanut butter and chocolate :D Thanks for the idea dmjinx